Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Poker Books

ship2me is offline PNW Lurker

Default Good Poker Books

Hey Guys

I'm kind of bogged down by the Quagmire of books, articles and publications out there about our great game.

Just canvassing the fraternities opinions about what are good books to read for novice and advanced theory both online and live. Predominantly Tournament play.

Like most peeps I have read bits and pieces of HH, SS, Sklansky and numerous ebooks which have been acquired as well as numerous articles on 2p2 and here.....obv

Do you guys think that these older books are outdated or still have relevance and can you recomend any others which you would say have definitely improved your game.

Cheers

Rob

nickkaka is offline Moderator

Default Re: Good Poker Books

Hi Nick

I hadn't seen this b4......Cheers for that

Rob

Vman is offline PNW Amateur

i'm selling 3 of mine on ebay

the best one i'm selling is called tournament poker by Tom Mcevoy. the book covers all 11 games of the WSOP, gives u stratergies and explains how to play every part of the tournament. Covers Freezeout tournies, rebuys, satellites, low buy in rebuys.

Absolutley fantastic book, really turned my game around in the beginning. The games like Razz, Stud, and Omaha- both PLO and Hi/Low are covered extremely well as is all forms of Hold'em. It is hard to find a book that covers all the games, i found this 1 is brillant!

thret is offline PNW Elite

After SS, HoH & MoP you want to read MCBoT and EHR for interest's sake. KP is also worth reading. You may need to read DNs section of PHS or SoPPLO if those are new to you.

Everything else... read at random. Most of what you read should just be codifying things you have already figured out for yourself, but covering material you already know will keep your mind fresh. If you manage to learn one small thing here and there that is also nice, but the rest of the poker book universe is pretty much rehashed info.

Some books of course are also totally wrong about certain things. Don't read HLSPFAP for example, stick to the section in SS.
    How did you learn to play poker? By playing darts? - The Grand
    All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. - Mark Twain
    Prosperity supposes capacity. Win the lottery, and you are an able man. Have but luck, and you will have the rest; be fortunate, and you will be thought great. - V Hugo

thanks a $%#*n lot

Much clearer now....

T Dog is offline PNW Lurker

Thret
    WTF? dude! How 'bout some actual titles instead of acronymns for us newbies?
    Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

thret is offline PNW Elite

I may have been a little tilted by the HH and SS acronyms in the OP...
    How did you learn to play poker? By playing darts? - The Grand
    All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. - Mark Twain
    Prosperity supposes capacity. Win the lottery, and you are an able man. Have but luck, and you will have the rest; be fortunate, and you will be thought great. - V Hugo

GRETZKY427 is offline PNW Amateur

Crash course in beating texas hold'em by Avery Cardoza-this is my only book i own on poker.

pokeraussie is offline PNW Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by T Dog View Post
    Thret
    WTF? dude! How 'bout some actual titles instead of acronymns for us newbies?
    lol i thought the exact same thing when i read the reply, looked like gibberish.

honestly dude, you don't need to read a poker book to crush online poker.

experience + analyzing your hands will improve your game immensely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast