Thread: Getting started with PokerStar.com

qpdb is offline PNW Novice

Default Getting started with PokerStar.com

Hi, I'm thinking of starting to play with real money on pokerstar.com. Some questions:

- What is the best option for depositing/cashing out of pokerstars? I don't really mind waiting up to a week or two for each transaction, but I need something that is secure and doesn't charge extra fees. I have a debit visa card with NAB, can I use that?

- What's a good limit to start playing with? I'm prepared to commit up to $50 into poker for now. I would rate myself an average player, and have won cash prizes in APL freerolls before, but this will be my first time playing for real money online.

- Is it easier to make money in SnG's or cash games given about 2-3 hours playtime max per day?

Thanks

Duff85 is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Default Re: Getting started with PokerStar.com

Quote Originally Posted by qpdb View Post
    Hi, I'm thinking of starting to play with real money on pokerstar.com. Some questions:

- What is the best option for depositing/cashing out of pokerstars? I don't really mind waiting up to a week or two for each transaction, but I need something that is secure and doesn't charge extra fees. I have a debit visa card with NAB, can I use that?

- What's a good limit to start playing with? I'm prepared to commit up to $50 into poker for now. I would rate myself an average player, and have won cash prizes in APL freerolls before, but this will be my first time playing for real money online.

- Is it easier to make money in SnG's or cash games given about 2-3 hours playtime max per day?

Thanks
    Gary Benson's service is best for cash on and off Stars. Gary Benson ENG Home

At $50 your not looking any bigger than $1 sngs/mtts at an absolute maximum. Cash game wise you could start out at 1c/2c but variance could still wipe you out even if you're a winning player. I'd suggest starting out with a hundred.

As far as picking what you are going to play, i'd play where your strongest. From what you've hinted you're most experienced at tournaments? If so potentially the $1.10 45 man sit n gos are a good spot to start out.
    "No value in poker anymore everyone too solid, moving to Korea to take up Starcraft 2 professionally." - CNT_Crusher

qpdb is offline PNW Novice

Wait, so this Gary Benson guy moves money around for me? For free? Seems kinda suss to me, but I just looked around the forum and everyone seems to be recommending this guy. Does he have a minimum or will he do any amount? How about the NAB visa debit, does that work on pokerstar as well? Forgive me for having reservations towards giving my money to a stranger online

DanChile is offline PNW Grinder

Any Australian debit/keycard with a visa facility will work for deposit with PStars.

When you want to withdraw, either go through the site rigmarole (drivers licence, bank statement,
    utility bill copies forwarded to them) or withdraw through GB
    - Luck of the draw & player observation will always rule the day...
    - For every strategy employed there is a counter strategy to balance...

Baron Vo Mandor is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by qpdb View Post

Thanks
    That was my mistake kept on having stabs with $50 and took me a month and a half of doing so 1 or twice a week before I started winning.

Wait a couple of weeks and outlay $200-$250 which will.

A) Give you a decent roll to hit the $1-$3 tables.
    B) Make ur first deposit bonus worth while(though with stars you can do up to $300.

Are they easy to win? How long is a bit of string.