Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win-rate question 25nl Full-Ring

micropro is offline PNW Lurker

Default Win-rate question 25nl Full-Ring

What should be my target win-rate be for 25NL full-ring between 75k-100k hands playing 9, 12 and 16 tables on pokerstars.

Wonky is offline PNW Amateur

Default Re: Win-rate question 25nl Full-Ring

Depends how good you are.... anything between 2-5bb/100 is fine/good and might be great for a newbie...but on 25nl I suspect it may be possible to do
    5bb+/100 for an experienced decent player.

Id probably aim to just be a winning player if you are new to the game and not worry so much about what you should be winning because most people dont win at all.

I'm currently 2.2ptbb winner over 167k hands, but the first 30%-50% of those hands was when i was pretty bad and before i got a little bit of coaching.

Last 68k hands i'm only 2 ptbb winner but have run ~12 BI under EV and also just ran like crap with sets over sets, standard PF coolers etc, and this is while adjusting from 6-9 tabling to 12-16 tabling.

I'm going to try and play a 100k sample in next 4-5 weeks and was wondering if i choose to go 9, 12 or 16 [9 tables i'd probably add a week or two] what my target win-rate should be, before and after i take into account variance and my ev rate.

Vman is offline PNW Amateur

what is ur win rate now compared to how many tables? Be very aware that playing 8+ tables at the same time will naturally narrow ur range/ raise and will make u easier to play against.

Don't worry about what other players are doing, becoming a winning player at a level comes first, then slowly increase tables being played. Doing this will make u a consistant winning player, and the swings won't hurt u so much in the beginning when ur building ur roll.

[x] Winning player over decent sample
    [x] I am over-rolled for 25nl
    [x] I can play 12-16 tables quite competently and will only get better with time

With all that in mind, whats a reasonable target win-rate for 12-16 tabling over a 100k sample? Should i be happy with 3ptbb or aim for 4/5 ptbb?

thkcduckworth is offline Moderator

Should be happy with 3 (especially if getting rakeback) but always be aiming higher.

At 25NL, higher then your average is expected.

Michael Josem is offline PNW Railbird

Quote Originally Posted by thkcduckworth View Post
    Should be happy with 3 (especially if getting rakeback) but always be aiming higher.
    Be very careful about rakeback at 25NL - the sites that advertise rakeback the most also have substantially higher rake as well.

Thus, if they charge extra in the first place, and then give some of it back to you, you're likely to be no better off.

tsapy is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Josem View Post
    Be very careful about rakeback at 25NL - the sites that advertise rakeback the most also have substantially higher rake as well.

Thus, if they charge extra in the first place, and then give some of it back to you, you're likely to be no better off.
    care to give some examples?

i was always under the impression that no matter where you play small stakes you're always getting screwed with rake

edit:
    this seems like a decent article re low stakes rake
    http://www.firsttimepokerplayer.com/...ke/low-stakes/
    Last edited by tsapy; 06-04-2010 at 11:43 PM.

djkelly69 is offline PNW Grinder

can i ask why you aren't moving up if you are over-rolled for 25NL?

i mean you seem like you know what you are doing and pretty competent judging by your posts, and 25NL-50NL is really not a big jump.

Al
    Al is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by djkelly69 View Post
    can i ask why you aren't moving up if you are over-rolled for 25NL?

i mean you seem like you know what you are doing and pretty competent judging by your posts, and 25NL-50NL is really not a big jump.
    Yeah, move up straight away if over rolled. Im speaking about you specifically as I would concur with DJKelly.

Get a coaching session or two while you make the jump if you think you need it. It'll pay off ten fold(more prob).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast