Thread: Anti Tilt Help...

dtbg is offline PNW Lurker

Default Anti Tilt Help...

Hi Guys, over my last couple of sessions my game has suffered coz of massive tilt after a typical bad beat in each session. Bad Beats never used to bother me before but for some reason it affects me now...for hours and hours on end.

What tips or mindsets do you have to prevent or deal with tilt post bad beat. Do you take a break...5 mins?, quit for the day? Hit a punching bag? Fall back on AA/KK for an hour?

I'm aware that Ill need to find my own way that suits my personality but keen to here other peoples thoughts on it

ohh...and tilt for me means playing anything connected in late position for any price 3 way+ and making misguided bluffs

Help

SK
    Do you feel like a Jedi when you open the motion sensor turnstile at coles?

...upswing potential is huge

risk2Dupside is offline PNW Elite

Glaze is offline PNW Railbird

Default Re: Anti Tilt Help...

I will hopefully be starting a Mental Game thread soon that will help players to learn more about eliminating tilt etc etc.

I have some articles and discussion threads on my website that will help. Check out Dare2Dream if you need to learn more about the triggers that may set of your tilt.

Check out PokerNews Magazine as well, as there are monthly articles written on the Mental Game.

GL!!

InTheWhiskaz is offline PNW Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by risk2Dupside View Post
    this ^^^ really good podcast. Also go through Deuce Plays and there is some good stuff by Tommy Angelo there.

One thing though you said you don't usually tilt and without getting all Oprah about it that usually means something else going on in your life. If I'm tired and stressed out with the wife/family or work it usually finds its way into my poker.

Murphmaester is offline PNW Amateur

Sometimes I fire up a sit and go, or a small buy in tourney and just go mental on there for a few minutes. I find this lets me take my anger out on a different game and protects my main game(s) from a murph attack.

If it is more than a bad beat and I have lost a stack to a donk I also like to fill the chat box with as many "morons" and "idiots" as I can, it makes me look like a douche but it certainly makes me feel better and gets it out of my system quickly.

Glaze is offline PNW Railbird

Here is a link to a thread I started on Deuces Cracked. I will be doing a few videos for them during the WSOP. The thread below has members asking me questions about their Mental Game flaws etc etc. You might connect with one of the members questions.

GL!!

Tilt and other Mental Game weaknesses!! : General Discussion : Poker Forums at DeucesCracked.com

Vman is offline PNW Amateur

Maybe u need a life coach.

Chopper Reid has even ventured into life coaching, check out his website;

www.hardenthefuckupyasookysookylala.org.fu

seriously, external factors are prob to blame.
    The best lubricant for anal sex is not tears, it's blood.

paul taylor is offline PNW Lurker

Just don't trust any informajtion that some players are giving to you, if someone tell you their hand without you asking. they're just bluffing you and giving you a donk info. Just play your game and focused at the tables.

sexypokerplayer is offline PNW Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by paul taylor View Post
    Just don't trust any informajtion that some players are giving to you, if someone tell you their hand without you asking. they're just bluffing you and giving you a donk info. Just play your game and focused at the tables.
    You can't just read off something like that and know what will come. The best defense is the best offense... so why not learn how the player plays his stats and etc. You can beat any player by doing this and not by what he offers for only this day. Coz he can just not bluff if you think that he is bluffing.

paul taylor is offline PNW Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by sexypokerplayer View Post
    You can't just read off something like that and know what will come. The best defense is the best offense... so why not learn how the player plays his stats and etc. You can beat any player by doing this and not by what he offers for only this day. Coz he can just not bluff if you think that he is bluffing.
    nice to see someone new reply, meaning i'm not the only one in this forum that tilts a lot. Everyone has had their fair share of bad beats. You have really have to forget it and stick to your poker tactics. The only upside to bad beat is if you get a good hand straight after a bad beat and go all in you're more likely to get called because they think you will be on tilt.