Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help in the BB

Harley is offline PNW Grinder

Default Help in the BB

i'm losing a lot of money in the BB, in fact, i'm losing more than if i C/F'd every hand. It's the major leak in my game. I keep getting caught OOP with 2 small pair or a half decent draw or something else thats troublesome to play OOP. Has anyone a link or some advice on playing out of the BB in NLCheers

iwantbooze is offline PNW Railbird

Default Help in the BB

In a session, record 6 non junk BB hands and post them here with how you played. Somebody smarter than me can probably give you some advice.yay.Playing out of the blinds is very, very different for every player.
    DeaN! says:u think i push without 2h?

BoxerShorts is offline PNW Amateur

Default Help in the BB

I don't think you can expect a positive result playing out of the blinds so I wouldn't be overly concerned. You are virtually OOP every time except if its just a SB v BB situ.Antonio E's book on cash play says to not try to defend them too vigorously. I think at some point he even advocates not defending them at all. He suggests treating the blinds as a "cost of poker" and to concentrate more on playing good poker in positon.Your results reflect this, my pokertracker is the same, they're my 2 "worst" positions at the table too. Conversely, my most profitable spots are in late position. Wow, there must be something to this playing with position.Don't sweat it.
    People say I have a bad attitude. Those people are stupid.

iwantbooze is offline PNW Railbird

Default Help in the BB

Boxer: my impression is that Harley is not just losing his blinds, but he's getting involved in hands and finding it hard to get away from them. Overall it's costing him money.I think you need to raise out of the blinds regularly, otherwise big hands (AA, KK etc) are too easily defined.
    DeaN! says:u think i push without 2h?

Goldy is offline PNW Grinder

Default Help in the BB

Harley,are you a winning player at the level you're playing at? I don't have any tips per se, other than applying more aggression in spots where you might otherwise call, and fold in spots where you have marginal made hands that are basically bluff-catchers.
    PLO rggd ;(

Harley is offline PNW Grinder

Default Help in the BB

yeah, i'm donking about 2.5/bb100 out. The problem i'm having is catching something like 46o on a A57 rainbow and getting caught trying to snap off the big hand OOP.

ChrisXR is offline PNW Amateur

Default Help in the BB

In the instance of 46o on a A57 board when in the BB I would play the hand depending on how many people are involved in the hand.If there are just 2 or 3 limpers on a full ring table then in most instances im leading out, but if there are 5 or 6+ then Im checking and only calling if the value is there eg/ one player puts out a bet and there are 3 callers. If one player bets and its folded to me then im throwing it away.

modus is offline PNW Grinder

Default Help in the BB

I agree BB is a difficult area to recoup the compulsory investment.I retract investment in the BB when heads up against a late position raiser and putting them to the test regularly. http://www.learn-texas-holdem.com/texas-holdem-blinds.htm
    It is better to trust the eyes rather than the ears.

modus is offline PNW Grinder

Default Help in the BB

It is better to trust the eyes rather than the ears.

Goldy is offline PNW Grinder

Default Help in the BB

I generally treat 64 in unraised pots on A57 boards the same way I treat A5 or A7Hope that helps!
    PLO rggd ;(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast