Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What line do you take in this common spot?

danielg is offline PNW Elite

Default What line do you take in this common spot?

So its a raised pot and you have a big PP and the flop comes A hi.C-bet? or pussy out?Full Tilt Poker Game #2193301688: Table El Greco (6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 11:16:18 ET - 2007/04/12Seat 1: vuedemonde ($76.15)Seat 2: PKR_SHOW ($58.40)Seat 3: TehSmile ($75.40)Seat 4: jshwhoa ($50)Seat 5: Saquisha Jones ($22.10)Seat 6: tnin ($55.50)PKR_SHOW posts the small blind of $0.25TehSmile posts the big blind of $0.50The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to vuedemonde [Qd Qs]jshwhoa foldsSaquisha Jones foldstnin foldsvuedemonde raises to $1.75PKR_SHOW calls $1.50TehSmile raises to $7vuedemonde raises to $18PKR_SHOW foldsTehSmile has 15 seconds left to actTehSmile calls $11*** FLOP *** [9s As 4c]TehSmile checksvuedemonde ??

Blu3B3ar is offline PNW Pro

Pot is about $40 and TheSmile has $57 left. Any idea of what TehSmile's 3-bet calling range is? With no reads, I prefer to check to keep the pot under control and re-evaluate on the turn/river. I'm normally firing $20-$24 if checked again on the turn, and folding to any furthur action.

Fair Enough is offline PNW Amateur

Hey Dan...I don't often respond to these, but I reckon this one's up my alley (so-to-speak).Without any more info on the villain, I would be extremely reticent to put any more in that pot. At a .25/.50 NL game 3-bet preflop... what's he gonna have? AA-99, AK, AQ... You're dead meat to most of that range. Unless you push he's not going to give up KK (and even then possibly not). You're only ahead of TT and JJ.I'd take the free card, hope it's a Q or possibly an A, and fold to any future action.Yeah, I know... I admit it... I'm a pussy.
    .no sig

well i figured he wouldnt check the board and i did expect him to come out firing when he checked i figured it was pure weakness and he maybe had TT, JJ vuedemonde bets $25TehSmile foldsUncalled bet of $25 returned to vuedemondevuedemonde mucksvuedemonde wins the pot ($35.90)*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $37.75 | Rake $1.85Board: [9s As 4c]Seat 1: vuedemonde (button) collected ($35.90), mucked

Goldy is offline PNW Grinder

Dan, It's not common for me to be cold 4-betting QQ.
    PLO rggd ;(

Puzz is offline PNW Grinder

His preflop 3 bet to $7 screams to me JJ or TT. Seems like he has a decent hand but is scared. I don't think he cold calls a 4 bet here with anything your behind too. He probably would of pushed with AA, KK or possibly AK after you 4 bet him. Doesnt call with AQ, so there are not too many Aces you have to be worried about. Again this depends on villian and his stats.
    http://thepuzz1e.blogspot.com/

Luck sometimes visits a fool, but it never sits down with him. – German Proverb

Ace Fire is offline PNW Railbird

He folded kings. After 4 betting, with an ace on the flop I will c-bet this flop a very high percentage of the time. Then I shut down. I also don't like to 4-bet with a small pair, like your Queens.
    Shimiwaza them all....never ever give up.

a small pair? please explain

Goldy is offline PNW Grinder

Dan,are you calling all-in if the original raiser pushes?What about the 3-bettor?
    PLO rggd ;(

Ace Fire is offline PNW Railbird

Queens in my book are a small pair. Who is gonna look you up, all in, when you hold queens. AA, KK AK. You are a big dog to 12 of those hands and flipping a coin against the other 16 hands. Therefore you may as well hold a pair of fives. Small pair 22-QQ. At the 0.25/0.50 level you will only get 5-bet pushed by these hands. Will you call an all in holding queens? Hopefully only in rare situations, maniac, Tournament situation, etc.Hope this helps Dan.Regards Ace
    Shimiwaza them all....never ever give up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast