Thread: Hand For Hand On Poker Stars

thret is offline PNW Elite

Default Hand For Hand On Poker Stars

I had always wondered this, but been unwilling to test it. Now I know.

When you are hand for hand and you see that someone's stack has gone to zero before you act, if you are also eliminated it is considered to be at the same time and the shorter starting stack finishes first. That is, just because someone else has already been eliminated does not mean you have carte blanche to ship your small stack in, if they had more chips than you then you are still risking the bubble.

So you should fold unless you know that you started the hand with more chips than they did.
    How did you learn to play poker? By playing darts? - The Grand
    All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. - Mark Twain
    Prosperity supposes capacity. Win the lottery, and you are an able man. Have but luck, and you will have the rest; be fortunate, and you will be thought great. - V Hugo

Scott Wilson is offline PNW Grinder

Default Re: Hand For Hand On Poker Stars

yes - I believe that's correct - although in the unlikely event that two or more players have identical low stacks and bust simultaneously i'm still not sure whether they split $$ or reward the last person to bust.

Strong Play is offline Moderator

have seen the identical chips situation

cant remember outcome

[ ] helpful
    Seriously rickwaa be more of a loser.

Scott Wilson is offline PNW Grinder

paging Danny McD...

SwoopAE is offline PNW Semi-Pro

On Tilt it's based off chip stack and whoever has the lower chip stack busts on the bubble if it's hand for hand regardless of who busted first in real time. Anything else would defeat the purpose of hand for hand.

I'm not sure since I don't really play on Stars much but I assume it's the same.