Thread: A Friday night second for Doctor Straight

Default A Friday night second for Doctor Straight

The absence of many of the regulars at the Joe Hachem Deep Stacktournaments at Crown meant that tonight showed great promisefor Doctor Straight in the Jade flagship $110 Friday night game. There were just on 30 runners, right on the famous Jade $3000guarentee. Prize money was set at $1500/$1000/$500. Tonight Iwas Doctor Flush, pushing all in when I had a flush draw, beingcalled, and then hitting the flush on either the turn or the river.Even by my own zany standards I was hitting a ton of hands. WheneverI called an all-in preflop I was usually 70-30 favourite, such asAK versus AT (very early on), JJ vs AJ and so on. I was hardlydrawn out on all night, and I made a significant number of flushes. In the end I only came second, but a flattening of the prizemoneyto $1400/$1100 meant a $1,000 win for me. I like thousand dollarwins. The Monte-Carlo poker plaques made an appearence in tonight'sgame. I was the proud holder of them for much of the game, buthad to hand them over when I lost a massive pot heads up. This is the second time I've come runner-up in the Jade Fridaynight game. My heads up play wasn't fantastic tonight, even thoughI had 70% of the chips for most of the final table I never feltlike it would be smooth sailing to the title. The girl who finishedin the bubble tilted me quite a lot by always mixing her chipstogether in one stack so that I never knew how many chips she hadin her posession. With my first in a January $150 Saturday game, and this second ina $110 Friday February game, I continue to show good form inJade's deepstack $100 plus buyin games.
    Beware of Greeks bearing stripped decks.

Default A Friday night second for Doctor Straight

The guy who won it had final table alligator blood. Three times whenthere were still 5 players left he was all in shortstacked. In one hand I hit broadway on the turn and he got a 4-flush onthe river. In another hand I had 89 to his 22 allin preflopand by the turn the board was QQT7. That gives me a JT986 for the win (17 outs) and a 7 for the split (3 outs).One time, poker gods, one time...
    Beware of Greeks bearing stripped decks.