Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: APL Franchise

  1. #1
    billiris is offline PNW Novice
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default APL Franchise

    Although many of you may say that poker franchising is basically going downhill in terms of reurn on investment etc after speaking to a couple of franchise owners in my area, the Stgeorge area of Sydney they have told me otherwise. There is an untouched venue in my area that would be perfect for APL. However I would like to know how these franchises make money ie are they paid by the clubs or APL? Are they paid per head? I know they make a small amount of money from sit n gos and re-buys/non-freerolls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Baron Vo Mandor's Avatar
    Baron Vo Mandor is offline PNW Semi-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,256

    Default Re: APL Franchise

    Generally you pay a initial fee(This covers equipment they give you plus training.) and a yearly fee, + you pay apl a percentage of the fee recieved by the venue to you per night.

    My understanding is that the clubs with either pay you per head or a fee for the night.

    Also you generate income by raking the pot sometimes + sit n goes.

  3. #3
    whitey9999 is offline PNW Amateur
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    409

    Default Re: APL Franchise

    My understanding is that the clubs pay to host the APL and say put up $300 (just an estimate, dont actual amout) for $150 prize money and $50 for TD. APL then gets bout $100 profit from a free roll
    and
    Clubs get that back through drinks and food from the players because of the drinks cards and stuff.

  4. #4
    PlayAPLcom is offline PNW Lurker
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: APL Franchise

    Hi Billiris,

    APL does not openly discuss its business practices on public forums for obvious reasons, but are more than happy to discuss them with potential partners.

    A great source of information for interested franchisees is our franchising website :: Welcome To APL Franchise ::.

    You are welcome to browse this website and make your inquiries there if you like, otherwise speaking to a local franchisee is another alternative.

    Regards,
    Customer Service Team

  5. #5
    clintsmydad is offline PNW Semi-Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,145

    Default Re: APL Franchise

    Zheng He Global Capital Limited - Home
    much much better investment imo

  6. #6
    Diplomatic Immunity is offline PNW Grinder
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    713

    Default Re: APL Franchise

    Quote Originally Posted by whitey9999 View Post
    APL then gets bout $100 profit from a free roll
    $100 Profit = Funniest thing ever written on this forum

  7. #7
    Tony's Avatar
    Tony is offline PNW Elite
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,211

    Default Re: APL Franchise

    Start poker league
    Accept payments from the clubs
    Do not put these towards prize pool
    make it a re-buy/add-on game so you can rake the pot
    Take % out of actuall buy in pot & claim its for some mumbo jumbo
    Double blinds every 10 mins for a quick game of crap shoot

    Get out & do it again at the next venue

  8. #8
    billiris is offline PNW Novice
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: APL Franchise

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Vo Mandor View Post
    Generally you pay a initial fee(This covers equipment they give you plus training.) and a yearly fee, + you pay apl a percentage of the fee recieved by the venue to you per night.

    My understanding is that the clubs with either pay you per head or a fee for the night.

    Also you generate income by raking the pot sometimes + sit n goes.
    thankyou.

  9. #9
    billiris is offline PNW Novice
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: APL Franchise

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayAPLcom View Post
    Hi Billiris,

    APL does not openly discuss its business practices on public forums for obvious reasons, but are more than happy to discuss them with potential partners.

    A great source of information for interested franchisees is our franchising website :: Welcome To APL Franchise ::.

    You are welcome to browse this website and make your inquiries there if you like, otherwise speaking to a local franchisee is another alternative.

    Regards,
    Customer Service Team
    I have gone onto that site but unfortunately there isnt an option to actually start your own franchise as opposed to buying somebody elses. There is a great opportunity at a new venue for an APL franchise.

  10. #10
    Baron Vo Mandor's Avatar
    Baron Vo Mandor is offline PNW Semi-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,256

    Default Re: APL Franchise

    Do APL operate as regional franchise? If this is the case somebody probably already has the rights to your area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •