Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aussie millions experience

wesrednut is offline PNW Railbird

Default aussie millions experience

just got home from Melbourne. Was an awesome experience, thanks Pokernews I had Kenna James sitting on my right for most of Day 1, I took a 9K pot off him early when my KK held up after 4 hearts were on the board and I held the Kh. He only showed me the Kd.I knocked out 1 person when I cracked his AA. It was raised to 1800, AA guy called and so did I since I had 600 in the BB. Flop 2 pair and AA pushed all in and the other guy folded. Thank you But I hit runner runner heart flush anyway with 1 heart hitting the flop.I got knocked out 4 hours into day 2 by Patrik Antonius, Lee Nelson was also on the table 2 to my left. I was BB, Patrik was SB. I had about 65K chips.All had folded and he raised which he did nearly every pot since he was big stck and being the table bully.I called and flop top pair (tens) and he bet out 7K. I raised to 17K, then he puts me all in.I eventually called and he shows bottom pair (twos). Turn a blank, river comes another 2..... so I was out :/Oh well, I got my chips in with the best hand. Can't do much more than that. So I came about 180th so outlasted 580 odd players.What fish Marc Karam (I think that was his name) looked to be. 10 hands before I get knocked out theres a hefty pot preflop, flop comes 7,9,T. Patrik Antonius raises, Marc calls. T on the turn, Patrik bets, Marc pushes all in for about 100K and is instant called by Patrik.Patrik shows J8 for the straight. Marc shows AJ. River is a 8 for a split pot.Next hand Marc sucked out on the river again after flopping a nut flush draw with A2c and pushing all in to double up to over 200K chips. Patrick calls with QQ. Hit a Kc to make the flush on the river. Then the chump makes the final table LOL Some crazy plays happening there.

AJBlocker is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Wes,Firstly congrats on winning your seat into the Millions and then putting in a solid performance and making it thru Day one and well into Day two...without that 2 who knows how deep you may have gone...well done look forward to hearing some more stories soon at Big D's Game at Caboolture.Also well done to Paul Effeney, Sam Lynch and Sean Dunwoody who are QPN regulars that also performed well and went deep in this years millions...top effort guys...Blocker.

gaz
    gaz is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Glad you had an awesome time Wes. The PokerNews team was great and it was a pleasure for us for you to be part of it.Just remember, what happens in Fidells stays in Fidells .Good luck for Team PokerNews WSOP!

thanks Blocker. Yeh Sam got knocked out at about 130th, not sure about Effo and Sean.Yeh was good, except for the inital stuff with my room and then they tried to charge for a $57 lunch when I left this morning LOLNo worries Gaz Damn that Tequila though. Was still in a need of a bucket 1 last time at about 7pm Saturday LOL I haven't been that sick for 10 years So whens the next freerolls??

grunter is offline PNW Elite

well done on a solid aus millions wes.was great to meet you.i will post my story later today.grant
    pz to all

thanks Grant, was good to meet up and swap a few stories.... your knee op stories win I didn't go quite as deep as you though. How did you go in the team event???

Razorman is offline PNW Lurker

wes - do u remember nearly getting punched by gavin smith when you where harrasing shannon elizabeth at a bar? she was with some of the full tilt crew. you where clearly drunk after you had Tequila shots.you even left a puddle of your dinner on the corner.do you remember?

that question might best be left to Stocks to answer (teams event).Lets just say I did get to play the first level....
    pz to all

Stick is offline PNW Grinder

Grunter!I thought I paid you hush money!Wes, Grant and I entered the teams event. Grant successfully completed the first level. But then I stepped in.I then promptly lost with pocket kings to pocket aces all in preflop, on the very first hand I played... so basically, in two consecutive hands, I busted out of the ME and the Teams Event... good times... good times...Needless to say, Grant looked a trifle surprised, and just a little bit dismayed, when he turned around and saw me standing next to him on the rail...I too will provide an update on my Millions experience... once I've talked it over a few more times with my shrink...Stick
    Check folding for pot control...

thats right....stocks did pay me hush money despite protests by myself.we ended up agreeing that he would take 25% of me in the 550 tourney on the thursday. After being seated as alternate number 125 of 126 I doubled my stack on the first hand i played and thought...how easy is this. One level later I was out!!
    pz to all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast