Thread: Losing pot to disconnected opponent

wizdumb is offline PNW Amateur

Default Losing pot to disconnected opponent

I have been playing at Titan a bit lately and noticed this phenomenon:I might bet (typical scenario is I push on the river) and rather than call or fold, opponent disconnects. If opponent has better hand, they still win pot, minus my last bet.This obviously eliminates the fold equity of my bet and gives opponent an unfair opportunity to to see/win without paying for it. I have never noticed this on other sites. What's the story here?

fubaroz1 is offline PNW Railbird

Just guessing, but it sounds like Titan still has all in protection which most sites have ditched for exactly the reasons you mentioned in your post. Scary bet, pull the plug...
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

knightfan is offline PNW Semi-Pro

ipoker, along with most sites have both dis-connection protected and non dis-connection protected tables, i would just play on the latter

jethrojnr is offline PNW Railbird

Yesterday, for the first time in my life someone reported me to pokerstars support. Reason: I was disconnecting a lot.I explained to the guy, who actually told me he was going to report me, that I had a bad connection. I think it should have been obvious seeing as I was disconnecting with nut high and nut low in multi-way pots. Point, it is possible that people just have a bad connection.
    Jethrohorowitz.com"i said i betta a meelyon a rolla tha dice - why i needa to look?" - Archie Karas

wesrednut is offline PNW Railbird

yeh, its crap with disconnection protected tables :/ Seen it happen plenty of times.

La Cucaracha is offline PNW Railbird

The "real" problem isn't the site - it's our bureaucrats!! If only Telstra or the G9 consortium would get their act sorted out with the Government to give us all decent broadband infrastructure, we'd all worry less about our connections and concentrate more on the poker. Plus we'd be able to increase the number of tables we multi-table.
    What's that? You're drawing to a one-outer? Okay, I fold.

wesrednut is offline PNW Railbird

another telstra fan lolthe problem is people get their middle pair raised and they don't want to call. Disconnect and they get to check it down with calling that raise. Thats just 1 example.

joethenuts22nd is offline PNW Grinder

as I dont play on-line this is a very interesting problem.as jethrojnr states and it has happened to all of us plenty of times ,you just get disconected for a lot of reasons [some maybe on purpose from the sites.if the disconected is protected there can be a lot of cheating going on ,but on the other case you coyld get a bad line and miss out of getting the pot.
    POKER-CARDS HAVE ARIVED.EMAIL ME ON joseph06@optusnet.com.aufor prices. BEST CARDS IN THE WORLD