Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ugly side of poker

mfrumar is offline PNW Railbird

Default The ugly side of poker

>Rick Tocchet Pulls a Vinnie VinhYes, it's unfortunate that Vinh's condition has become a catchphrase, but I think it's one that is here to stay.While Vinnie Vinh himself showed up today (but busted early with a short stack), Rick Tocchet never returned for his Day Two. He survived Day 1c with 17,100 in chips, and his stack made it to the second level without him before succumbing to the blinds.Why didn't Tocchet ever return to play? There's a theory that he was getting too much pressure for his legal troubles with gambling and conspiracy charges. While it's completely legal for him (or anyone over the age of 21) to play in the World Series of Poker, it may have been bad for him in other ways.Regardless of the reason, Tocchet never returned on Day 2b, and his chips are now gone.Is it just me, or has the WSOP this year seemed to continuously highlight the bad side of poker players. I mean obviously there will be a few bad eggs in a basketfull, but it seems to me as though many people will remember the 2007 WSOP for events such as this. Agree? Disagree?

Luke S is offline PNW Railbird

Do u even know any background to Rick Tocchet?? He is facing some very serious charges as is suggested in on POkernews. Do some research before u shoot ur mouth off
    Fear changes everything

bbboy05 is offline PNW Railbird

He merely quoted what was on the site and came up with his own conclusions that a reasonable person would seeing how the coverage has gravitated towards the said player.Go back to playing 2/3 and 2/5 B&M, Luke S.

JoeyDel is offline Moderator

I don't think its too bad for poker, Poker is traditionaly a haven for the lowest forms of life on the earth. I thought thats why we liked it?In saying that, I don't know too much about this betting scandal. My understand is that it was mainly football betting? Does anyone know the breakdown of it?and another thing?Go back to playing 2/3 and 2/5 B&M, Luke S Was that meant to be an insult? Come on man you can do better than that! Get raw on his ass if your going to have a go! Oh, by the way lose the comma next time

babyonboard is offline PNW Amateur

I hate bad spelling, Joe hates bad grammar. lol

actually I am just a hyprocrite. If you look through my posts you will find hundreds of spelling and grammar errors.I just like to correct mistakes when I see them because literacy rates these days are disgusting.If I can do my little bit to help then thats good.

KH4LIL is offline PNW Pro

your so learned Joe!!!!!
    Roy: Who would you rather be, Scott 'Punty' Smith or Harris 'P.I.M.P' Pavlou?

Puzz: Wow tough question...I believe they are both prophets of the Lord Gamblor

Bugsy is offline PNW Pro

does it really look bad for poker if some guy we have never heard of fails to show up?
    magister, futue te ipsum

Hendrix is offline PNW Railbird

bugsy, he's an ex-NHL playerhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_TocchetI remember he used to be good when i played as the penguins in 'NHL 93' (see Swingers)

That movie is so money

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast