Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WCOOP Event 4 update (Sorry Yoyo)

Harris is offline PNW Railbird

Default WCOOP Event 4 update (Sorry Yoyo)

PNW'er Roy is on the final table of the 2-7 Triple Draw event. He has about 300K, with the leader on 580 and a couple much shorter than him.Go Roy

Took a bit of a hit with a 87 losing to an 86 in a big pot. Short stack has made a bit of a comeback.

Roy just busted in 6th, taking down 3245. He was crippled in what looked like a sick cooler, then busted when unable to draw out against a weak made hand. Had a couple of big hands go against him at crucial times.Well done Roy

yoyo is offline PNW Elite

heh i don't mind threads where a good player is in line for 50k payday on final table - just the ones where random dead money posts "i am 279/4815" etcRoy played good, got no luck on FT.

Roy
    Roy is offline PNW Railbird

Ty for the post harris, you did well in the PLO event.That being said, FUCK DONKAMENTS.

Yeah after my last few hands in the PLO I feel the same way as you. Still, the lure of the big carrot is quite strong. Can you tell us about the hand where you lost most of your chips (if it doesn't bring back painful memories). Your opponent showed down 76432.

Roy

PokerStars Game #12085582456: Tournament #70000004, $200+$15 Triple Draw 2-7 Lowball Limit - Level XX (10000/20000) - 2007/09/16 - 03:14:14 (ET)Table '70000004 121' 6-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 1: Donald (536159 in chips) Seat 2: GymZQuirk (159284 in chips) Seat 3: omaha kid (416302 in chips) Seat 4: polpolpol (99728 in chips) Seat 5: pstarfish (584682 in chips) Seat 6: GodlikeRoy (150845 in chips) GodlikeRoy: posts small blind 5000Donald: posts big blind 10000*** DEALING HANDS ***Dealt to GodlikeRoy [2d 3s 6s 8c Ah]GymZQuirk: folds polpolpol said, "ah sorry didnt hear u said it b4"omaha kid: raises 10000 to 20000polpolpol: folds pstarfish: folds GodlikeRoy: raises 10000 to 30000This is a very standard 3bet out of the blinds. My hand is a monster, I want to isolate as well as get value. Omaha kid is probably the 2nd best player at the table after me.Donald: folds omaha kid: calls 10000*** FIRST DRAW ***GodlikeRoy: discards 1 card [Ah]Dealt to GodlikeRoy [2d 3s 6s 8c] [4s]omaha kid: discards 2 cardsGodlikeRoy: bets 10000I hit the best card I could have and bet. My hand is the 6th nuts and an incredible monster 6handed at an aggressive final table against a good/aggro opponent.omaha kid: calls 10000*** SECOND DRAW ***GodlikeRoy: stands pat on [2d 3s 6s 8c 4s]omaha kid: discards 2 cardsGodlikeRoy: bets 20000omaha kid: raises 20000 to 40000GodlikeRoy: calls 20000He discards two and raises my bet after I stayed pat. A few things are possible here. He could have 865 or 87x and think that he is taking me to value town, or he could have something like 9x or Tx and hope either a) he has the best hand or b) he will get me to break a better hand. I decide that if I 3bet he will fold his bad hands and call/4bet with those that beat me, so I call.*** THIRD DRAW ***GodlikeRoy: stands pat on [2d 3s 6s 8c 4s]omaha kid: stands pat We both stand pat. I think his range is still fairly wide here, it could include worse made hands that had a poor redraw, or good made hands that he thinks are good but that are not better than my hand, or monsters that have me beat. I decide that if I check, he will check behind with his marginal hands and bet his monsters, so I would have to check/fold, which leaves me exploitable to him turning made weak hands (ie T or 9-lows) into bluffs as well as losing value against his worse made hands (87 may check behind for example).So I decide to lead out with the intent of folding if he raises.GodlikeRoy: bets 20000omaha kid: raises 20000 to 40000His raise was instant and this made me rethink things. I'm getting great odds here. Omaha kid is a good, thinking player. My line doesn't make a lot of sense. If I had a monster (ie a 7 or 85432) he would think that I should 3bet after the 2nd draw. If I had a marginal hand (ie 87652) he would think that I should probably draw to a 7 low. Either that or I will be bet/folding the river, since he could represent a big hand. So I can't really rep a monster, but I can rep a lot of weaker hands, which means that he can raise me with a wider range expecting me to fold (as I almost did). Because of that, is exactly the reason I had to call. GodlikeRoy: calls 20000*** SHOW DOWN ***omaha kid: shows [2s 6h 7d 3c 4h] (Lo: 7,6,4,3,2)He shows down a monster. A lot of the time when two good players lock heads it comes down to hand ranks as there is so much "he thinks that I think that he thinks that I think that he thinks..." that the pot is usually laying good enough odds to call anyway so bluffing in limit games doesn't have much merit.GodlikeRoy: mucks hand omaha kid collected 250000 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 250000 | Rake 0 Seat 1: Donald (big blind) folded before the DrawSeat 2: GymZQuirk folded before the Draw (didn't bet)Seat 3: omaha kid showed [2s 6h 7d 3c 4h] and won (250000) with Lo: 7,6,4,3,2Seat 4: polpolpol folded before the Draw (didn't bet)Seat 5: pstarfish (button) folded before the Draw (didn't bet)Seat 6: GodlikeRoy (small blind) mucked [2d 3s 6s 8c 4s]The line I took is the one that I think had the highest $EV. It's possible that folding to his raise after 3rd is correct, but if it is, I don't think the difference between calling and folding is much at all.

Blu3B3ar is offline PNW Pro

I much prefer to 3-bet after the second draw. I never consider folding on the last street.As played, if you call the raise after the second draw, it's probably better to check-call as opposed to bet-fold or bet-call - because you save a bet if you're behind and frequently gain a bet if villain bluffs.

yoyo is offline PNW Elite

fantastic, almost beautiful, analysis of a hand i don't play much TD but I don't fully understand the river action - when I was watching the hand play out, it looked like you had a great hand, 8 low or good 9. I saw you thinking about whether to lead or check-call, and you decided to lead, which I think is probably the right play, but I don't understand when you say you planned to bet/fold to raise. It seems to me that you have to bet/call (like you did). Are you saying that only his insta-raise made you call?(edit: Bluebear, my action in Roy's spot would have been check-call but after thinking about it a bit, I don't think that's the best line. If Roy checks, villain is only value-betting because he expects that Roy will call his bet. So it's a pretty bad spot to fire. And I don't think a 9 low value-bets that river as Roy has stood pat 2 streets in a row. If I had 9 low I think I would check behind in villain's spot. disclaimer: i haven't played TD in years and was never very good at it even when i did play it)

Roy

"but I don't understand when you say you planned to bet/fold to raise.It seems to me that you have to bet/call (like you did). Are you saying that only his insta-raise made you call?"No that's not what I meant but I see that it reads that way. What I meant was that his insta-raise made me stop and think for a split second and I saw then how bad it would be to fold to a raise. So it wasn't his insta-raise that was a read that made me call, it was the action that provoked more thought in my head and the thought process that I went through made me decide that I should call.Bluebear, re: 3betting after 2nd - I think this is a good line to take, but it causes some problems against a good player. He is liable to be 4betting with a weak hand (say a T-low) in an attempt to get me to break my 8-low and draw to a 7. On the other hand, he will usually have a big hand (better than 864) and it's probably correct for me to draw, and if not, then I will have to pay off another bet on the river.If he just calls and I stand pat, it's very easy to play, but I don't think he would do this very often, and the times he does do it are made up for the times I get paid off more by just calling his raise and getting money out of a worse hand on the river because my 86 is under-repped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast