Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splitting Payouts?

pnw alias3 is offline PNW Railbird

Default Splitting Payouts?

Charles Cuschieri and Lucio Baroni Eliminated at Same Time; Split 80th Place Prize Money ($7,500)Charles Cuschieri moved all in for his last 2,000. Jean Gianotti called from the button.Gianotti: {J-Clubs}{J-Diamonds}Cuschieri: {A-Clubs}{3-Hearts}The flop was {Q-Clubs}{10-Spades}{6-Diamonds}. The turn was the {7-Hearts} and the river was the {7-Clubs}. Jean Gianotti won the pot and Charles Cuschieri was eliminated.At the same time, Lucio Baroni was eliminated when his pocket tens lost a race against Mark Kassis' Big Slick. Kassis flopped a King and Baroni was eliminated.Since they both busted out at the same time, they were awarded 80th place prize money. Baroni and Cuschieri won $7,500 each.So when does stack size come into it? Is it dependent on the specific rules for each tournament? What if Player A is short-stacked with just an ante and is eliminated, yet at the same time, Player B with 20BB pushes pre-flop with AA and Player C with KK spikes a set to eliminate him?I thought there were some circumstances where Player B would be awarded the higher payout because they started the hand with more chips.?!?!confused?!?!
    I am Alias.

80th and 81st both pay $7500 anyhow.79th to 65th all pay $15000.(see "Prizepool and Payouts" link in Pokernews)
    Beware of Greeks bearing stripped decks.

man of mystery is offline PNW Railbird

Stack size only comes into it when 2 players get knocked out in the same hand on the SAME TABLE.MOM

man of mystery is offline PNW Railbird

No Dr,there was no 81st payout.

Anamul is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Stack sizes comes in when there is a multiway All-In on the One Table - usually seen/remembered on a Final Table.
    Peter Riley
    I check, for deception - PP

muted79 is offline PNW Grinder

This is the reason tournaments are played hand-for-hand on and or near money bubbles, so players are not rewarded/penalised for time they take to make decisions, dealer effectiveness, etc. or in the case of online play players letting their timers run out so someone is more likely to bust.
    ----------------------------Pete the Crazy Greek MuteIf you can't spot the sucker at the table in the first 5 minutes, you're the sucker

thret is offline PNW Elite

Which is why short stacks should always begin stalling before it goes hand to hand
    How did you learn to play poker? By playing darts? - The Grand
    All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. - Mark Twain
    Prosperity supposes capacity. Win the lottery, and you are an able man. Have but luck, and you will have the rest; be fortunate, and you will be thought great. - V Hugo

So how would it work when playing hand for hand if two players on one table bust on the same hand, and at the same time, one player on another table also busts?Let's say - Table 1: Player A (T20000), Player B (T10000); Table 2: Player C (T15000).
    I am Alias.

Well there is an 80th and 81st payout now.Commonsense by Crown in this case. You'd hate someone to be calledthe bubble and someone to get $15000 in this instance. I guessthey split it and made it $7.5k for both players.I thought for a moment Crown might have got it wrong, then Iremembered they've got Danny Mc Donagh down there.
    Beware of Greeks bearing stripped decks.

Well there is an 80th and 81st payout now.Now being the operative word.Common sense by Crown in this case. I guess ...I doubt it was a spur of the moment decision. I'm sure, at least I'd hope, that Crown would have every scenario covered. Someone has to be the bubble boy, today it was Troy Tsagaris (82nd Place).
    I am Alias.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast