Thread: anzpt rego stuff up.

thamask is offline PNW Grinder

Default anzpt rego stuff up.

Tonight myself and 4 friends all went and registed for 4 up coming events throughout the anzpt in sydney. After registering we had a drink and looked at our table's. All four of us were on the same tables. Star city does not have a random seating system instead its who ever registers next untill the table fills. This is un satifactory in my eyes. After letting them know they fixed up our seats but this will continue to happen.
    Last edited by thamask; 23-04-2009 at 10:19 AM.
    Thamask

Nick the Greek is offline PNW Grinder

Default Re: anzpt rego stuff up.

Will contintue to happen as its too late to change the logistics of the system in such short notice , or that Ameranth has the options to do so but nobody has bothered learning deeper about this management system basically in laymans terms 'out of the box settings' .
    Other than that what i just posted was incomplete nonsense that has no bearing value of any outcome .

stuartbauer is offline PNW Lurker

so what would be the difference if they had a random system and somehow you all got on the same table. Or later on in the tournament after tables start to get broken you end up on the same table. What are you going to do whinge and complain and say i can't play on that table? So many people are friends in the poker room?

thamask is offline PNW Grinder

All tournements have random seating allocations, i think its not right for a large tournement like the anzpt not to do this?? Once tables are broken so be it the game has already been commenced for hours players come and go...however having 4 people register (all friends) and all starting on the same table, come on this is wrong for so many reasons!
    Thamask

Danny McDonagh is offline PNW Pro

The system is random (same as used by APPT), however, sometimes if there is a rush of entries, a tournament may need to have a single table opened at the end or only one table may be mistakenly opened rather than adding a few at the same time.

You were quite correct to go back to registration and good to see seats were redrawn.

As the staff become more familiar with system this situation will be avoided.
    Danny McDonagh
    ANZPT
    www.anzpt.com
    APPT Tournament Director
    www.appt.com
    PokerStars Macau Tournament Director
    www.pokerstarsmacau.com

pokerpimp is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Just wondering how many peeps are registered in each flight so far in todays opening event Danny? As star city dont seem capable of telling me haha.

stuartbauer is offline PNW Lurker

I don't think they are not capable of it. I think you just ask the wrong people. Ask the right people working there and you will get your answer it is beyond me why some things are the way it is at star city.