Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which one is better? PokerStars or Party - your thoughts - Free pack of KEM cards to best response

yoyo is offline PNW Elite

Default Which one is better? PokerStars or Party - your thoughts - Free pack of KEM cards to best response

In a battle of Goliath vs Goliath, which poker room is the best?Do you play on either, none or both?Which one do you prefer?Why do you prefer this one?What do you think PokerStars/PartyPoker could/should to to make their sites better?Basically, I'm after a pros/cons list for both sites.yoyo

MakybeDiva is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Default Which one is better? PokerStars or Party - your thoughts - Free pack of KEM cards to best response

PartyPoker.Give me the cards.
    John Mayer's Continuum - overloading my iTunes

MakybeDiva is offline PNW Semi-Pro

I play on PartyPoker and 3 of their identical skins, Empire, Coral EuroBet and MultiPoker. I have played on PokerStars before to clear bonuses a while ago, but it is now not worth it for me.Pros for PartyPoker:*Largest player base in the world - peak times see upwards of 70,000 players online, I have seen more than 80,000.*Rakeback deals are easily done with affiliates for the three skins I have mentioned. Forget signing up to a site for a free $50, $100 or program - rakeback can make you thousands a month.*Very easy to track your hand histories. Automatically saved onto your hard disk, none of this "request hand history" crap, then having to download them from your email account, yadda yadda yadda.*Works beautifully with programs such as PokerTracker and PlayerView. PlayerView uses all stats from your PokerTracker database and superimposes them on top of any and all active PartyPoker (and skins) windows.Cons:*Slower times to withdraw. Party itself is not that bad, usually within a couple of hours. Its skins, however, are usually a lot longer, particularly if you cash out on a weekend - Coral EuroBet for instance will not usually deposit into Neteller until Monday night AET.*Comparitively quite bad customer service. Their "24 hour Online Support Live Chat" feature has been temporarily unavailable now for 10 months. Email response times are slow.PokerStars:Reverse everything above. Hand histories need to be sent via email, PlayerView is not compatible, player base is considerably smaller (and therefore tougher fields), however cashouts are super quick 24/7 and customer service is something they pride themselves on.
    John Mayer's Continuum - overloading my iTunes

Crusey is offline PNW Grinder

Pokerstars coz Horseboy wouldnt know shit from clay !!Kem Arrows please........
    NSW APA Infoscott@poker-apa.com0419 697 427

barhoom is offline PNW Amateur

Ive tried both, and each has it's positives depending on what your top priority is really.Party Poker:Pros*Traffic Volume *Soft competition - though every site has em*Promotions*Financial Security*Good promotionsCons*Game Variety (Not much for the beginner)-Ive suggested to them to throw in some micro limit cash games and some small buy-in tourneys)*Rake (Quite high) for low limit games - Currently 10% at 0.50/1-Software - Some people like it, for me it seems the lobby is cluttered-Not as much statistic featuresPoker StarsPros:*Software - By far the best software- Lobby is immaculate*Game variety - Something for everyone (new $1 SNG are a big hit)*Traffic - Up there with the best now* Nice features - note taking etc..*rake free micro limits Good customer supportCons:-Sign up bonus sucks- no great promotions-Competition seems harder (my opinion only)All in all, I still think Pokerstars is the best online gaming site. I really like the way the software is set-out and its ultra-reliable. One small feature which I like, although not significant to others, is the pause before dealing the turnand river card on an all-in. It gives true suspense, unlike the others which just plonk em down and ur sitting there trying to work outif you won.

Tam
    Tam is offline PNW Pro

Are you and Gaz having a competition yoyo??!!I already answered all these questions and gave him loads of responses...if in fact you are in competition with each other then I'll not repeat them here! He'll smack my pretty little face in!! LOL You funny boys!Tam

so can i ditch the queen slippers now?

They are using us poor people as research guinea pigs for their own amusement. As long as there is a chance to win something im in!When is someone gonna give away poker chips?? So my home game can upgrade from match sticks

Sedda is offline PNW Amateur

I didn't realise PokerStars had the micro limits (and so many tables of them). They also have smaller (max $5) NL tables (heaps as well). For a newbie the micro limits are a must (I think).I've only played with play money at both sites but due to the smaller limits I think I will be heading over to PokerStars and giving the real money tables a shot.
    When the shit hits the fan, I'll be sittin' on the can - "When The Whip Comes Down" (Rolling Stones).

yoyo is offline PNW Elite

This is information for a project Gaz and I are working on together. I can assure you there is no competition - if there was, he wouldn't stand a chance though, I might add Barhoom, to compete with Makybe's response, you will need to be a lot more specific with your dot points. You can email them to me if you wish. If you do a very, very good job, I'll find something to reimburse you for your time. Something better than a $20 pack of KEM cards.Also, obviously NoblePoker is on their way to being the best (one day) - but this project is about who is the best now.yoyo

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast