Thread: Australia's First On-Line Poker Site

Silent Hammer is offline PNW Lurker

Default Australia's First On-Line Poker Site

Hey there all, sorry to take attention away from Joe's fantastic win at the world series (Which by the way a big congrats to him, not only for winning but for those of you who don't realise, this is going to be absolutly huge for poker in Australia. Well done Joe, you are Australia's answer to Doyle Brunson. enjoy the money buddy, you deserve it)Any way back to the topic, I have heard on the grape vine that there is word that there will be an Australian Poker site up and running soon with sit & go's and ring games. I'm a sceptic about it, as it would have to go through parliment and then actually be constructed by someone or some company with a LOT of money to spare. However we are looking at a buisness that grossed over $1 Billion last year world-wide, and there are sites that are based outside the US, so why not get Australia a piece of the Pie?Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it, if so let us all know...Cheers

Sedda is offline PNW Amateur

www.poker.com is located in Brisbane but Australians cannot play on this Australian site (for tax reasons or something, I don't know). Stupid really, as our gaming dollars are going to overseas companies.
    When the shit hits the fan, I'll be sittin' on the can - "When The Whip Comes Down" (Rolling Stones).

Octavian3 is offline PNW Lurker

Australians can't play because it's against the law.. Australians can set up any sort of online gambling busiess but cannot take money from people resident in Australia.. Federal LawSome poker overseas poker won's accept Australians fro fear of prosecution.. why you guys won't be allowed to play on the WPT site for instance