Thread: Echos from the past

clarence is offline PNW Railbird

Default Echos from the past

Nice article on the Pokernetworl rankings thanks Tim. They are important for the Hall of Fame and history. Does not mention that they started in 2003 and took Bendigo one month of dailysearch of all available records to compile the starting list up to date. Without him there would not have been a PNW ranking. From then on it has formed an aurthentic record of player history. Thanks to Danny and Bendigo and PNW.

The were tough days in PNW, running on a staff of 2 or 3 and a negative cash flow. Thanks to Crown, Richard and Sean the true believers made it the success it is today. Tony and PNS made it into an international site but the foundations were good.

Couldn't help but notice the rage about Rush Poker. It reminded me of the launch of Speed Poker developed by Bendigo and promoted by Mansion with a spectacular opening ijn Vegas and a dedicated tourney at Crown. So many years ago. The fair weather supporters said it could never work. Tell that to the promoters of Rush Poker.

And I notice with the Playboy results at Jupiters last weekend another player has come out of the mists of time and the Masters favourite PNW poster and Latin student "Bugsy" has hit his straps and came in second.

Onya Bugsy, you and Milo and the Dazzler and the Virus and JK and Gofor will forever be enshrined in PNW Forum history. They were the days when players knew each other, spoke to each other and looked each other in the eye. I looked at the PNW resuilts and I see that at least 5 of our 87 champions have already left us. No on ever mentions Joe and The Sydney Push and the APC any more. Next to Bendigo and Crown They did more for Poker growth than the rest of us put together.

The young poker players of today are great and I love watching them online and at the table. But, I wonder how many will still be playing and remembered after 20 years or even 10.

"No body knows where the hobo goes when it snows." with apologies to Amarillo Sllim.

Back to the Arrowroot biscuiit and Milo.
    Horses don't bet on people.

deadmoney is offline PNW Grinder

Default Re: Echos from the past

Post of the Year
    PokerStars has my testicles locked firm in their purse and Im doing nothing but donating........

Hof
    Hof is offline PNW Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by clarence View Post
    Nice article on the Pokernetworl rankings thanks Tim. They are important for the Hall of Fame and history. Does not mention that they started in 2003 and took Bendigo one month of dailysearch of all available records to compile the starting list up to date. Without him there would not have been a PNW ranking. From then on it has formed an aurthentic record of player history. Thanks to Danny and Bendigo and PNW.

The were tough days in PNW, running on a staff of 2 or 3 and a negative cash flow. Thanks to Crown, Richard and Sean the true believers made it the success it is today. Tony and PNS made it into an international site but the foundations were good.

Couldn't help but notice the rage about Rush Poker. It reminded me of the launch of Speed Poker developed by Bendigo and promoted by Mansion with a spectacular opening ijn Vegas and a dedicated tourney at Crown. So many years ago. The fair weather supporters said it could never work. Tell that to the promoters of Rush Poker.

And I notice with the Playboy results at Jupiters last weekend another player has come out of the mists of time and the Masters favourite PNW poster and Latin student "Bugsy" has hit his straps and came in second.

Onya Bugsy, you and Milo and the Dazzler and the Virus and JK and Gofor will forever be enshrined in PNW Forum history. They were the days when players knew each other, spoke to each other and looked each other in the eye. I looked at the PNW resuilts and I see that at least 5 of our 87 champions have already left us. No on ever mentions Joe and The Sydney Push and the APC any more. Next to Bendigo and Crown They did more for Poker growth than the rest of us put together.

The young poker players of today are great and I love watching them online and at the table. But, I wonder how many will still be playing and remembered after 20 years or even 10.

"No body knows where the hobo goes when it snows." with apologies to Amarillo Sllim.

Back to the Arrowroot biscuiit and Milo.

Internet players are the next generation.

Hardly any friendships in poker anymore...just spite.

Nice post, Clarence.

thkcduckworth is offline Moderator

Thanks Maurie!

It was very interesting looking back at previous years results and seeing the guys that keep performing year-after-year!

Hof

clarence = maurie ?

didnt he used to run this place?

Tam
    Tam is offline PNW Pro

Lovely post

I enjoyed the article too Tim.

Good to see you still keeping an eye on these peeps Master, miss you!

And 'grats to Bugs!

Tam

Spikey is offline PNW Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Hof View Post
    Internet players are the next generation.

Hardly any friendships in poker anymore...just spite.

Nice post, Clarence.
    You are much better off without friendships from poker. Trust me on that one. Make friends in other social groups and you'll be far better served.
    If you want to die early, just retire -- Jeff Kennett

clarence = maurie ?

didnt he used to run this place?
    yes and yes

Hof

Quote Originally Posted by thkcduckworth View Post
    yes and yes

Cheers.

Who owns PokerNetwork currently, please?

Who owns PokerNetwork currently, please?
    PokerNews