Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Funny: Tony G story about controversial Robl hand - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Funny: Tony G story about controversial Robl hand

FSL009 is offline PNW Grinder

Default Re: Funny: Tony G story about controversial Robl hand

there should just be a rule that what you say should be the same as the chips you put out.... silly stuff....

then it clears all the possible bull dust angle shoots on this sort of thing...
    Kd FTW

SlappaNuts is offline PNW Lurker

Angle or no Angle....still the worst call of all time. How is a straight good in that spot?

[ ] funny

Chambers is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DaNRL View Post
    To what end? Tony is already all-in and Robl has a decision to make - would be the same if Tony had pushed all his chips into the middle - it's fairly standard when going all in to throw the chips in which make the call so you can then work out how much it is going to be for the other player to call

I suppose it meant he got to see Robl's cards but Tony G had no more decisions to make in this hand ...
    Because although Tony isn't making a decision in this spot,
    he now gains an advantage by seeing Andrews cards.
    There is still a decision to be made and Tony can adjust his banter/response now that he knows he's ahead and use that to possibly impact Andrews decision.(Induce a call or fold)
    I will downgrade my assertion that this is 100% angle shooting because it is possible that it is, but it's also possible that he is doing it to get Robl on tilt/embarrass him and he has gotten a lucky break.
    He gains an advantage seeing Robl's cards, but I don't know if he's meant for it to go this far.

Diplomatic Immunity is offline PNW Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    Because although Tony isn't making a decision in this spot,
    he now gains an advantage by seeing Andrews cards.
    There is still a decision to be made and Tony can adjust his banter/response now that he knows he's ahead and use that to possibly impact Andrews decision.(Induce a call or fold)
    I will downgrade my assertion that this is 100% angle shooting because it is possible that it is, but it's also possible that he is doing it to get Robl on tilt/embarrass him and he has gotten a lucky break.
    He gains an advantage seeing Robl's cards, but I don't know if he's meant for it to go this far.
    Well the moron shouldnt be wearing headphones when he is in a hand

scott_meyers74 is offline PNW Novice

Quote Originally Posted by FSL009 View Post
    there should just be a rule that what you say should be the same as the chips you put out.... silly stuff....

then it clears all the possible bull dust angle shoots on this sort of thing...
    I agree with this... if your all in, you should have to put all your chips in the middle not just enough to call.

Simple, and removes any confusion about what someone said or didn't say.

Why this isn't the case is baffling.

bigfatbastard is offline PNW Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by scott_meyers74 View Post
    I agree with this... if your all in, you should have to put all your chips in the middle not just enough to call.

Simple, and removes any confusion about what someone said or didn't say.

Why this isn't the case is baffling.
    Just when you think you've seen the dumbest post ever in this thread - something like the above comes along.

Pay attention - Think - Use your brains!

Not sure what part of "verbal is binding" you idiots cannot understand!

It really is soooooooooooo simple. There was no "angle", if anything it was just good gamesmanship.

Read Diplomatic Immunity's posts (and DaNRL), and then if you are too slow to get what he is saying - READ THEM AGAIN.
    For greater effect ignore anything by Chambers - Sooooo wrong, so dumb - LOL

Repeat until competent.

Maybe even read the actual rules sometime, not just listen to your mate's best friend's sister's ignorant interpretation
    of what she heard this one time at band camp and then told her friend who agreed with her so it must be right.

BFB

btw - Has any video been posted for this yet?

thret is offline PNW Elite

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatbastard View Post
    Maybe even read the actual rules sometime
    I wonder what % of players have ever actually read the rules.
    How did you learn to play poker? By playing darts? - The Grand
    All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. - Mark Twain
    Prosperity supposes capacity. Win the lottery, and you are an able man. Have but luck, and you will have the rest; be fortunate, and you will be thought great. - V Hugo

InTheWhiskaz is offline PNW Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by thret View Post
    I wonder what % of players have ever actually read the rules.
    I wonder what % of dealer have ever actually read the rules.

Strong Play is offline Moderator

really dont get why this is an issue...

guy wants to wear headphones, so be it, he has to accept the consequences, i dont see how this is an angle at all... (and i doubt robl has even complained)

first time i wore headphones something similar to this happened to me, lesson learnt, pay more attention, take one earbud out during big hands...

dont see why wearing headphones is a blight on the game or anything, who gives a fuck if someone doesnt want to engage in meaningless small talk with people at the table - just get on with it...
    Seriously rickwaa be more of a loser.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast