Thread: whats happened to this forum?

Playa is offline PNW Amateur

Default whats happened to this forum?

just returned after a 6 month layoff,

everything is different,
    where are the people?

why are there so many spambots,
    why cant i see any posts from 2011?

why does the forum look different but in a bad way?
    WHAT THE F?

dr_protocol is offline PNW Railbird

Default Re: whats happened to this forum?

Well Playa, spamarama took over about 3 weeks ago. Moderation has never existed and this is the price. I'm surprised to see anyone poker-centric in here; all posters just gave up.
    Seems a waste to have spent $$$ on an upgrade 3 weeks ago, to just abandon it and let all the Polksa-weeds take-over, but who knows the real reasoning.
    Very strange.....

jurasj is offline Administrator

Hi guys, I work at IT department, that is looking after PNW. We heard about the SPAM issue on Friday and are now working to have it under control. We should be able to add couple measures within this week and hopefully this will end this spamarama.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_protocol View Post
    Well Playa, spamarama took over about 3 weeks ago. Moderation has never existed and this is the price. I'm surprised to see anyone poker-centric in here; all posters just gave up.
    Seems a waste to have spent $$$ on an upgrade 3 weeks ago, to just abandon it and let all the Polksa-weeds take-over, but who knows the real reasoning.
    Very strange.....

Strong Play is offline Moderator

Seems about the same as always...
    Seriously rickwaa be more of a loser.

SwoopAE is online now PNW Semi-Pro

Most of the posters here are unpleasant, so I stopped posting here.

Also it's full of spam now.

dr_protocol is offline PNW Railbird

Of the last 2 weeks 99.92% of posts have been Polska-spamarama and 0.08% have been legitimate. Well jurasj (on your maiden post) you have your work cut out....Good Luck

Yorkshire Pudding is offline Super Moderator

Hey guys

I have taken over at PokerNetwork as the editor so thought I would stop by and say hi.

I never saw the old forum but I am told that it was a buzzing and vibrant place and probably the best in Australia. I can understand that you may not like the changes to the appearance etc but they are for the better, especially in the back-end unseen parts where the magic happens.

I want this to be your forum, somewhere that is yours and I just tinker with it. But for that to happen I am going to need your help. I need to know what you want from this forum, what you like, what you dislike etc etc and we can work together to bring it back to its former glory.

I'll get a stuck post put up where we can discuss everything related to this.

Changes are happening but they will take time, but please trust me when i say i will be doing everything to bring the shine back to this great forum.

Matt

max_power is offline PNW Novice

I'm. In a similar situation to the op. I've just checked back in recently to see if there was any melb champs buzz but just found the same spam that has been mentioned. Doesn't seem to be much going on here but would love to see that change though, best of luck.

Playa is offline PNW Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by max_power View Post
    I'm. In a similar situation to the op. I've just checked back in recently to see if there was any melb champs buzz but just found the same spam that has been mentioned. Doesn't seem to be much going on here but would love to see that change though, best of luck.
    retuerning 2 weeks later and have seen slight improvement REGARDING SPAMBOTS CLEANED UP.

My observations:

1-spam (already mentioned

2-display....so much worse than it used to be,, immediate turn off, looks unrecognisable too- i initially thought it was the wriong forum when i first tried

3-some funny members like joey del luca, good posts.

4-home/pub games forjm was chock fuill of useful info and juicy gossip. It really really drove the forum. who can forget the tj poker stories and diplomatic immunitys spin on things "ermington stopped poker because carparks were full" lol. alot of fighting from memory between providers made mods delete posts - dipped straight after this.

5- every now and then there was a great promo or freebie given out.

2+2 forums are down. if i was the owners up here in this b*tch id try and capitalise on their misfortune. last roll of the dice to kickstart this place again.

bill6 3off is offline PNW Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Playa View Post

4-home/pub games forjm was chock fuill of useful info and juicy gossip. It really really drove the forum. who can forget the tj poker stories and diplomatic immunitys spin on things "ermington stopped poker because carparks were full" lol. alot of fighting from memory between providers made mods delete posts - dipped straight after this.
    Slightly cynical reply but relevant.