Thread: John Campos

JK.
    JK. is offline PNW Elite

Default John Campos

I see the crook Banker John Campos,who helped Full Tilt launder millions of dollars, only got three months.
    Why?
    He was facing a minimum of seven years.
    John Kocbek.

Yorkshire Pudding is offline Super Moderator

Default Re: John Campos

There would have been plenty of money changing hands in that case. He was basically the man who kept online poker alive post UIGEA

SwoopAE is offline PNW Semi-Pro

He didn't benefit financially from it anywhere near as much as the ringleaders if you actually read the article. Also, he obviously cooperated and sold out the higher ups. When Lederer, Bitar or Ferguson gets 3 months, then we can complain.

Monarch is offline PNW Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Pudding View Post
    There would have been plenty of money changing hands in that case. He was basically the man who kept online poker alive post UIGEA
    So it was OK for John Campos (and all of the Black Friday indictees) to have "kept online poker alive" even if they broke US laws relating to online gambling, money laundering and bank fraud? You may not agree with the laws, but is that an excuse to break them?

Yorkshire Pudding is offline Super Moderator

I never said it was ok to break the laws. In fact if he hadn't "single handedly kept online poker alive" then I think we would have been a lot closer to having the USA regulate and license online poker. Him and the sites who kept servicing the US clients basically told the US government they were above the law; setting us back months if not years IMO