Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overseas online poker and gambling sites to be blocked by government in crackdown

Baron Vo Mandor is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Default Overseas online poker and gambling sites to be blocked by government in crackdown

Update your resume's lads time to join the real world.

Kids know footy team odds better than the names of star players | Information, Gadgets, Mobile Phones News & Reviews | News.com.au

I have it on good authority that online poker sites imparticular are going to face the brunt of this attack.

JK.
    JK. is offline PNW Elite

Default Re: Overseas online poker and gambling sites to be blocked by government in crackdown

Baron,it could get worse.The Russian government is now trying to cloce Face Book and similar Internet sites.
    Worlds' governments are trying to control everything.Australian government is no different.
    John Kocbek.

Spikey is offline PNW Amateur

Default Re: Overseas online poker and gambling sites to be blocked by government in crackdown

The South Australian Government has introduced an iniitiative called Skills for All. Right now you can get free courses to get you back into work. I recommend all poker players finding it tough to forget about poker and jump on this.

About Skills for All | Skills for All
    If you want to die early, just retire -- Jeff Kennett

skyfox7 is offline PNW Novice

The nannies strike again.

JayR is offline PNW Novice

Anybody ever played with or know a politician who has ever played?
    we clearly need a bureaucratic voice

SwoopAE is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JayR View Post
    Anybody ever played with or know a politician who has ever played?
    we clearly need a bureaucratic voice
    I'm friends with the chief of staff to a LNP politician who is going to be a future federal member, he plays online poker and he's on it. Can't give names obviously. It saddens me as a progressive to see Labor fall this far under Gillard, Conroy and co. They're simply disgraceful.

Also lol @ all the morons saying online poker players will have to find a 'real job', this is our real job, and if we have to relocate to continue to work, we'll do the same thing the american pros did and just move if it's important to us. Personally I have a degree and 7-8 years in the workforce anyway, so i'd have no problem getting a 'real job' if I decided to. I'd imagine most of the successful (note, successful) online pros would also have few problems finding traditional employment if we chose to.

That said, obviously we need to fight for online poker, but OP is scaremongering.

Baron Vo Mandor is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
    I'm friends with the chief of staff to a LNP politician who is going to be a future federal member, he plays online poker and he's on it. Can't give names obviously. It saddens me as a progressive to see Labor fall this far under Gillard, Conroy and co. They're simply disgraceful.

Also lol @ all the morons saying online poker players will have to find a 'real job', this is our real job, and if we have to relocate to continue to work, we'll do the same thing the american pros did and just move if it's important to us. Personally I have a degree and 7-8 years in the workforce anyway, so i'd have no problem getting a 'real job' if I decided to. I'd imagine most of the successful (note, successful) online pros would also have few problems finding traditional employment if we chose to.

That said, obviously we need to fight for online poker, but OP is scaremongering.
    If more then 50 people in Australia consider themselves good enough to relocate I will eat a can of dog food.

I kinda disagree with you about this
    NZ will follow Australia's lead and we won't be able to play there
    most of our Asian neighbors don't allow online gaming and some no gambling at all
    so only real option is Europe which will mean we will have to pay taxes to the EU, which we don't have to do now
    Americans can relocate far easier to Mexico, Canada, Cuba, etc because those countries allow US citizen to legally stay for longer than 6 months to a 1 year
    other than NZ, England and Canada we don't have that opportunity anywhere where online gaming can be done legally
    Last edited by JayR; 14-07-2012 at 04:19 AM.

Great to hear
    would love it if your buddy or his boss could have a presence on this forum or 2+2 just so we can all be on the same page and fight for this together

A1Degenerate is offline PNW Novice

Quote Originally Posted by JayR View Post
    I kinda disagree with you about this
    NZ will follow Australia's lead and we won't be able to play there
    most of our Asian neighbors don't allow online gaming and some no gambling at all
    so only real option is Europe which will mean we will have to pay taxes to the EU, which we don't have to do now
    Americans can relocate far easier to Mexico, Canada, Cuba, etc because those countries allow US citizen to legally stay for longer than 6 months to a 1 year
    other than NZ, England and Canada we don't have that opportunity anywhere where online gaming can be done legally
    Just mary a hot looking Thai girl and live and play in Thailand. Gambling in a live environment is banned in Thailand but online players seem to have no issues...happy days...and happy endings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast