Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On-Line Poker Advice

CrownieJay is offline PNW Lurker

Default On-Line Poker Advice

Hello Fellow Poker Players,I'm keen on playing poker on-line for real money. Which site is the best to use for Australians? Is netteller any good, or do I just use my c/card.

yoyo is offline PNW Elite

Mate, Neteller is great but you can use your credit card to deposit if you wish. Even if you open a Neteller account, you will need to fund it by credit card unless you know someone who will transfer for you.I'd suggest TitanPoker as a start up site. Mainly because they are running huge value freerolls for the Aussie Millions in January. They also support this noticeboard.Follow aussiemillionsfreerolls.com link below and good luck.yoyo

TassieDevil is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Johnny I can understand your efforts to promote Titan/PNW/Aussie Millions, but surely telling a newbie to online poker to start off at Titan is dubious advice?Sure join up and play the freerolls, but if you are starting out then invest your money into one of the bigger sites (eg. Party, Stars, etc) where there are more games, poor players to beat and more chance of success. Don't lose your (potentially small and limited) bankroll trying to slug it out on Titan straight away. Aussies can play at almost any site so don't be scared of trying them out.
    Head to Poker Asia Pacific for the latest Australian poker news, results, blogs and the best Australian poker forum.

I don't offer dubious advice..EVER!The players on iPokerNetwork (Titan) are some of the worst you will find anywhere. It's a perfect place for a new player to start. How many sharks do you think are cruising around Titan?And supporting a site that supports a forum (with freerolls to multiple $10,500 seat at the Aussie Millions) where you are asking a question is certainly not dubious either.yoyo

I should say I don't (intentionally) offer dubious advice. I'm quite sure I offer dubious advice when commenting on hand histories, compared to PNW 'Sklansky', Nathan, Mike and Van.yoyo

I appreciate what Titan is offering Australian/PNW players.But if someone new to online poker came to you and asked you which site is best to start off at, you would look them in the eye and say Titan?
    Head to Poker Asia Pacific for the latest Australian poker news, results, blogs and the best Australian poker forum.

Yes. Because they are supporting Aussie poker.yoyo

danielg is offline PNW Elite

Jonny is right,soft games, micro limits and Awesome freerolls, nothing wrong with starting @ titan.Dan

I'm torn between having the $10,500 freerolls all to myself and Gaz OR letting everyone know about them. Either way, its all good. I have a really good feeling about the first freeroll at 1930h 30 Oct - I think I have it in the bag And I'll do a Joe Hachem in January at Crown for SURE.Then I can tell UQ to stuff their 4-year law degrees and fly to Canada where I shall entertain hot snow bunnies in between playing 10K buyin tourneys on my laptop. *End dream sequence*yoyo

At the time of writing...Poker Stars47022 players, 7537 tables, approx 150 HE tables under $1Party Poker51654 players, 7574 tables, approx 240 HE 0.50/1 tablesTitan689 players, 91 tables, 14 active HE tables under $1Once again I'm not trying to bag Titan, as I know they are new and their support for the Aussie Millions is great, and they are fine if you have some experience. However if you told someone new to the online poker world to start off there then I think you are doing them an injustice and your advice is blurred by existing PNW relationships.Jay, do some research online and read the reviews of various sites - you'll be better off sticking to the larger, fishier sites to start off with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast