Thread: AFTER ALL THE BACKSLAPPING AND CONGRATS

Guest is offline PNW Grinder

Default AFTER ALL THE BACKSLAPPING AND CONGRATS

To PokerNetwork and Crown :In order for a website, and its major financial sponsor, Crown Poker Room, to continue to set the magnificent standards in poker excellence, one must accept constuctive critiscm and suggestion.The efforts of both poker network and crown go without saying. Marvellous job. But I have listed some areas below where further improvements can be made for future years to the webside, and Millions.1. Lack of up to date results. Surely poker network could have employed one full time RUNNER in the poker room to collate results-chip counts etc. The results, in some cases were 2 or 3 days behind ( full results)2. where was the advertised and promised gallery of champions3. where are the list of moneywinners, in order of finish, other than the live coverage( which takes a long time to load on many pc.s)4.will crown drop the 5000 events due to poor showing in 2005 ( heads up had alternates, as couldnt reach 32 for first time), (manila just made 21), and the omaha, which boasted a 100k prize in 2001, barely reached 37.5.if the promotion that went into speed poker tm was put into the aussie millions in 2006, we could amass 400 runners.THE CHAMPIONSHIPS WERE A HANDS DOWN SUCCESS,THE BIGGEST AND BEST EVER.WHAT OTHER IMPROVEMNTS DO YOU READERS SUGGEST

master1 is offline PNW Railbird

john lit is a good post and will help our review. it is worthy of an identity. i hope it generates some more positive comments and i will respond in detail next week when my own summation is completed.thanksmaurie
    www.aussiemillionsfreerolls.com

Bendigo is offline PNW Railbird

A good post.Constructive critisism is always good.I wonder at your comment regarding promotion though, a lot of work went into delivering the players for the main event. Much of it was behind the scenes but I can assure you many miles were covered and many deals brokered to deliver the players.2003 = 122 entrants main event.2004 = 133 entrants main event.2005 = 263 entrants main event.Regarding promotion of specific events, this is down to Crown to determine how to go about it.The Speed Poker Tournament is not a Crown Tournament and was delivered to Crown this year as a favour by Speed Poker Corporation to fill the gap of the cancelled World Teams Event.However I believe we may have shown Crown what can be achieved with a little "out of the square" promotion and hype.It is up to Crown now as to whether or not they are the hosts of future Speed Poker™ tournaments.Cheers,Bendigo.

Guest is offline PNW Grinder

I wasn't going to bring this up but on the subject of constructive criticism...I was confused that at the last minute on Monday 10th of January the 1st 7 Card Stud satellite (and possibly the 2nd too, Maurie should know he played in it) the price was raised from $125 to $155.The seat itself was worth $1000+$100 and $125 x 8 players = $1000.$155 x 8 = $1240, more than the seat is worth even after the house fee of $100, and when I asked what the remaining $140 is, whether it's 2nd place money back, I was told it was 'commission'.I don't know why the price was raised (doesn't really matter now I suppose) but for next time, you should have fixed prices that 'add up'. :-) (

JK.
    JK. is offline PNW Elite

Mine is not a criticism but a sort of regret.First of all I would like to congratulate the organizers for another job well done.I also congratulate the Aussies and the Kiwis for dominating the two weeks of tournaments.However,this is my regret.Whenever a country holds the Olympic Games,they put on a Demonstration sport for the World to see and experience.The Demonstration sport is the most popular sport of that particular country but is not so well known in the rest of the world.Melbourne(1956)demonstrated Cricket(if I am wrong correct me)and Sydney showcased Australian Rules.Los Angeles showed the world the game Gridiron.Manila is our National and most popular game.We had a chance to show the world this great Poker version.In Adelaide we had a record field of 240 starters in the Manila tournament.It was $300 to play and very affordable.Had the entry fee been closer to $1,000 I think that there would have been a huge record field.By making the entry fee a whopping $5,000 the field eliminated Australias' best Manila playersand restricts the field to a few rich (not so good)players.A shame.Perhaps next time.JK.
    John Kocbek.

Bendigo is offline PNW Railbird

Hey Wild Wolf - the Crown poker room ain't my room and I too can find plenty of little things that could do with improvement.About your satelllite if the cost to play the event is $1100 (included $100 rake) and the prizepool of the satellite is $1240 then the $140 is the rake for running the satellite. I have to agree some of the dealers are slow at dealing stud but I think you will find it is because they came through in the last school and haven't dealt it live. Maybe they should not be used for dealing tournaments when the blind increases are a big factor. The more comments by players about the Crown Poker room can only help Crown realize they can't afford to stand still and need to continue to improve.Cheers,Bendigo.P.S. To J.K. the Manila Tournament was set at $5,000 to attract some new bigger punters from interstate and I think it worked.