Thread: Don't you love it when

Tam
    Tam is offline PNW Pro

Default Don't you love it when

You're on dreadful losing streak...nothing goes your way....everything is against you - Aces get cracked, J2 off begins to look like a monster starting hand and then - BAM!!!Your luck turns as if by magic, every hand you get stands up, all your bluff attempts result in taking down the pot and you can't put a foot wrong? Isn't the above why we play poker??!!!!!! When those bad bad runs turn to good in a second, the rush is better than any drug !! They should market this as a replacement for Prozac!( Yes, finally I've gotten off my major LOSER streak in limit and am back on top. YAY!)Tam

josh37 is offline PNW Amateur

that is really funny that you have posted this today because i have also come off my losing streak in style today! won 90BB in about 4 hours which finally restored my confidence in the game again. for the last few weeks i couldnt win a chook raffle my luck (and my game) was that bad.but the strange thing about my day today was that i know i could have played better. there were a few crying calls when i knew my KK and QQ and AK were beaten (AK actually cost me a lot of money today strangely enough). and i still have a lot of big hands cracked. however one thing i did change in my game - i decided to "pump or dump" just as YoYo always talks about. this was in an attempt to raise my agression factor in poker tracker as i thought i was being too passive. what sort of agression factor should i be looking for in longhanded limit poker? on all 4 of my tables today it was over 3.5 over the 3 hours i played.i am glad you are off your losing streak Tam. good luck in the futureJosh

Tam
    Tam is offline PNW Pro

Hi Josh,I know exactly what you mean. I was seriously considering giving up the limit games because I was running so badly. Just a bad run I guess that everyone has, but after a while it plays on your mind doesn't it. Glad to hear your losing streak is up too! It's amazing what a difference it has on your game hand by hand, amazing don't you think? keep up the wins and keep me posted how you're getting on!Tam