Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Slightly OT: Items that carry the most germs... Poker Chips not included?

Thread: Slightly OT: Items that carry the most germs... Poker Chips not included?

Graham Connolly is offline PNW Railbird

Default Slightly OT: Items that carry the most germs... Poker Chips not included?

From The AgeComputer mouses found in cyber cafes have been ranked as the second most bacteria-infested items in a list of commonly touched objects.The survey, carried out by the Korea Consumer Protection Board, found shopping cart handles to be the worst of the worst. Typically, they contain an average of 1100 colony forming units (CFU) of bacteria per 10 sq cm.The computer mouses, were found to have an average of 690 CFU - more than twice the concentration found on doorknobs and handles in public toilets.The detected bugs include all kinds of bacteria including pathogenic ones.The Korea Consumer Protection Board released the report this week after conducting an examination about bacteria contamination on 120 items at public facilities which people commonly touch with their hands in Seoul and nearby cities.According to the Korea Times newspaper, the board examined 20 hand straps on trains, 20 hand straps on buses, 20 toilet doorknobs at four department stores, 20 lift buttons at four department stores, 20 handles of shopping carts at four discount stores, and 20 mouses at four internet cafes.A board spokeswoman said that the best way to stop the spread of infectious diseases by hand contact was to wash your hands with soap.Quoting statistics, the spokeswoman said that while more than 77 per cent of people were aware of the importance of washing hands, only 47.9 per cent actually bothered to wash them.The Dirty Half Dozen:> 1. Shopping cart handles - 1100 CFU per 10 sq cm> 2. Internet café computer mouse - 690> 3. Bus hand straps - 380> 4. Public toilet handles and door knobs - 340.> 5. Lift buttons at 130> 6. Train hand straps - 86I DON'T EVEN WANNA KNOW THE CFU ON POKER CHIPS... Have you guys noticed how many filthy scumbags leave the toilets in the Crown/Star without washing their hands before going back to play with poker chips?

Samadhi is offline PNW Amateur

Default Slightly OT: Items that carry the most germs... Poker Chips not included?

I get sick EVERYTIME I go to Crown. I wonder if they ever wash the chips. That would be a massive operation.
    Unless Carmen Electra calls for an emergency titty fuck, don't answer.

Hendrix is offline PNW Railbird

you're worried about poker chips? i'd be more concerned with everyday currency, i'm surprised that wasn't on the list

peter m is offline PNW Pro

cool, stripper dollars are still safe

danielg is offline PNW Elite

i thought the hand rails on escalators were found to have traces of faecaes (spelling?) on them, thats why i never hold the rail on 1.Dan

Tam
    Tam is offline PNW Pro

EwwwwwwwwwwwwwwI thought it was the nuts in open bowls on the bar in pubs etc that was the worst...for toilet germies and stuff....The whole thing is disgusting !!

JK.
    JK. is offline PNW Elite

How can you quote statistics from samples of 20?I thought it was the Crown toilets according to Charles C.
    John Kocbek.

Tam
    Tam is offline PNW Pro

I heard the worst one of all todayA year seven student did a study for her science fair on the ice in drinks at fast food outlets. She compared the ice to the toilet water in the same restaurants, out of five different chains, she found that in 70% of tests the TOILET WATER WAS CLEANER THAN THE ICE !!!!!!!Now how scary is THAT!!!!!!Tam

JK.
    JK. is offline PNW Elite

Tam,did you know that, the toilet is not the dirtiest place in a home?The most germ infected place in a home is the kitchen sink.
    John Kocbek.

Tam
    Tam is offline PNW Pro

Only if you do silly things in the kitchen JK, like cooking and washing dishes and stuff...LOL