Thread: Adelaide Court case

EB
    EB is offline PNW Novice

Default Adelaide Court case

A group from Adelaide are trying to put together a list of people who have received a summons and are interested in pleading "not guilty". There appear to be distinct disadvantages to pleading "guilty" - the major one being that you would have admitted that you are guilty of a criminal offence, and will have this placed on your police record. This record will then be available to all who request it (for the next 10 years) and who can then use it for whatever reason they like.Could anyone who have received a summons and are interested in joining the group to fight the case, please email contact details to adelaidepoker@yahoo.com.auThe big advantage of taking action as a group is that any legal costs will be shared by all the individuals and hence kept to an absolute minimum. RegardsErrol

phil markey is offline PNW Amateur

last friday the adelaide APA committee met and formed a sub committee to deal with the legal action arising from the well known raid of the adelaide poker championships last year - i attended the meeting and became a member of the said "raid" sub committeei cant speak for the adelaide APA but i can say that the sub committee's goal is to assist all APA members who have recieved a summons - to that end the adelaide APA has now retained the services of a well respected adelaide criminal solicitor - paul ravesi and i met with this solicitor today and resolved many of the awkward questions as to how to best represent APA members charged - you will appreciate that arranging appropriate representation for more than 100 people is no simple taskwhilst i have certainly listened to criticism of the APA from several people concerning how long it has taken to organise and i wouldnt discourage anybody from seeking thier own legal advice i think all those charged should consider further details of what the sub committee has organised which i expect to be published in the next 24 hoursphil markey

Matt Spratt is offline PNW Amateur

Thanks, Phil.

poker777778 is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Spratt now cashed up for legal fees.......hopefully won't need to spend too much.

Matt Spratt is offline PNW Amateur

Thanks, Glen.

poker777778 is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Sound advice from Phil.Looking forward to the APA update tomorrow.

yoyo is offline PNW Elite

Best of luck to all poker players caught up in this fiasco. Justice will prevail!Well done to the APA for organising a group to fight on a united front. If Virgin/Qantas had listed cheap flights in the week before the SA APA champs, some friends and I would almost certainly have been there with you.yoyo

JK.
    JK. is offline PNW Elite

Great to see you helping out APA,Phil.Your experience and advice will be a great asset.All the best wishes.JK.
    John Kocbek.

moffo is offline PNW Lurker

With the matter fast approaching (a couple of days away) will this information (Solicitors name etc) be posted in time. Its cutting it a bit fine for the interstate players who have to arrange flights if the joint representation dosen't get off the ground.

APA EVENT RAID is offline PNW Novice

Moffo and others.Do not book a flight.There is excellent news from the APA available TODAY.Please await release from Adelaide APA Official Paul the Virus.I repeat, it is excellent news for all.Adelaide APA
    .www.poker-apa.com.