Thread: Online money pit

Lunanick is offline PNW Railbird

Default Online money pit

this from pokernews.com written by a bloke who's been playing poker live for 26 years."I started playing online poker about two years ago. I had pneumonia and was bored to death sitting around the house for 2 weeks. I downloaded Party at that time and have since left it for Pokerstars. I have lost more money online than in the previous 2 decades. It is a tough go, this online poker. I read that 99% of the online players lose money in the longrun. I believe it. "full article here: http://www.pokernews.com/stories/114.htm

yoyo is offline PNW Elite

Default Online money pit

Although this paragraph puts me and about 50 people I know in that 1%, it's total garbage. The author has clearly never used a statistical program like PokerTracker. A *cursory* glance at compiled PT stats show that a lot more than 1% are long-term winners. This 'St. Angar' character would love to believe that 99% lose online as it makes his failures easy to deal with.He does have ONE thing right: "It is a tough go, this online poker."It certainly is a tough go. Online poker players these days are playing at a very high level in the mid/high limits. My win rates are in the green, but they are nothing to be proud of. If you are not a very bright, very disciplined player (or very lucky like me), you will get found out. I think the majority of losing players lose because they are undisciplined and/or playing limits too high for their skill level/bankroll. The rest just have no clue about how to play poker to win. I have a theory that if you are not adept at using PokerTracker and another program to overlay the stats on your opponents, you cannot beat 10/20 or higher online. I have not found someone who has proved my theory wrong yet. Everytime I meet someone who claims they are winning at 10/20 online but hasn't heard of PT, I find out that they are muppets. yoyo

danielg is offline PNW Elite

Default Online money pit

i think the biggest pitfall for inexperienced players with poor BR management, is that there are always games going, they can jump into a bigger game at anytime most of the time there is rarely a wait, i personally have made this mistake. I hope i only make it once.Dan

Lunanick is offline PNW Railbird

Default Online money pit

well we'll consider that the end of the matter "yoyo" because clearly he is wrong and clearly you are right.btw, I am a winning online player and my roll has increased 4-fold. I play everyday for many hours and I am more convinced than ever that online poker deals are manipulated for commercial reasons.

yoyo is offline PNW Elite

Default Online money pit

Would you like to play a series of HU battles Lunanick? Just for fun. yoyoPS. Your 'hero' in the article has been playing Blackjack and Poker for 26 years. LOL - Blackjack. The only way you can push the edge in your favour in BJ is counting and this guy is too dumb to count - yes, I can tell that just from reading what he's written.