Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crown Poker Losing its Lustre?

PeepOnTheSly is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Default Crown Poker Losing its Lustre?

Just back after 3 months overseas. Went into Crown and surprised by the number of tables going. Firstly, no 20/40 limit, no 2/5 NL, only total of 15 tables going. Very strange considering when I left it was nearly 30 tables every night. Is the poker craze over?I guess this week will be a good judge with the Melb Champs.BTW if theres anyone coming in to Melb and has nowhere to stay, I have a spare room at home. Live about 15 mins from the city behind Caulfield racecourse. Stay as long as you want rent free. Only condition, must be frequent PNW poster. First come first serve.

Crusey is offline PNW Grinder

Peep I would love to take up your offer of accom.I plan to be in town for the duration.Cheers
    NSW APA Infoscott@poker-apa.com0419 697 427

EurekaKid is offline PNW Amateur

I don't think the poker craze is over, I think people have just discovered the benefits of online poker. Multiple tables, more hands per hour, lower rake, play in your underwear, no carparking or travel expenses, play anytime don't wait for a game etc etc.
    The Eureka Kid=============="Concentration and mental toughness are the margins of victory."

AJBlocker is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Peep,Just brought the first season of deadwood on sunday......finished watching all 12 episodes...last night.....i just couldnt stop watching them....Anyone out there want to find a great way to spend 10 hours and will only cost ya $35 this is it......some of the funniest one liners i have ever heard in any tv show....and an amazing story to go along with it...Will be down on the 26th for the melbourne champs we will have to catch up and have a beer over deadwood classics....P.S I am buying the second season box set today.Blocker.

Crusey room is yours mate. But......apparently relatives are showing up on the 28th so im gonna have to kick you out then.Give me a buzz on msn to confirm or call me at home at 03 95636757. msn chuck1421@hotmail.com.AJ, sure thing. Must meet up to discuss Wu the chinaman and his coc#sucker lines. haha.

One more thing. While waiting for the NL table, I noticed they had S+G's going. So i signed on for the $50 one. Imagine my shock when I discovered what the payouts were. 10 players, first 200, second 100 and third money back. That makes it 150 commission or 30%. I dont care who you are, Hachem, Ivey, Lederer. You cant beat a game with that sort of commission. And funnily enough I met a guy who says he can make a living on those tables. Deluded I think......

AussieAsh is offline PNW Grinder

The $50 SnG is not worth playing. They really should change the payouts to the standard 50/30/20, ie: $175/$105/$70. Try the $75 SnG.
    pokernetwork.com - A World Of Entertainment.

Leewah is offline PNW Grinder

Although a lot of people get suckered into the $50, others such as myself who play the $115 and $220 (and on the odd occasion $75) use this for FT practice.I know I could do this at home online but at a live FT, people can see you. I use this practice to give as few tells away as possible. Ie. Staying still, controlled breathing, etc.
    Some people are like Slinkies...Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face whenyou push them down a flight of stairs.

You're really taking this poker thing seriously huh Dave?

Leewah is offline PNW Grinder

I'm really enjoying my learning experience of poker Chuck. Really loved the feeling of winning a Thurs night tourney. That was the goal for last year but I was a little late. My goals for this year is to qualify and then be in the money in the $750 event. Gonna play a couple warmup tourneys and if I am in the money there, I'll be stoked. My other goal is to play in the Aussie Millions and survive 1 full day It's hellava lot cheaper than baccarat I prefer the idea of more skill than luck being involved. Even though there is still some luck involved, it's nothing like BJ or baccarat.
    Some people are like Slinkies...Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face whenyou push them down a flight of stairs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast