Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (OT) - Help with Multi Leg Layoff Bet

ImaDocker is offline PNW Railbird

Default (OT) - Help with Multi Leg Layoff Bet

Looking for some advice.. I made a 9-leg multi bet (in USD) at centrebet for world cup group matches. First 8 legs are good, now riding on spain-ukraine, and need spain to win to collect.only a small bet to keep me interested in non-socceroos games, $1o at odds of $67.Should I make a saver bet on the draw and ukraine to win, and if so, how much? I would probably layoff at betfair, current odds 3.6 the draw and 5.1 for ukraine.Any advise appreciated.
    Common sense is not so common

Nice mulibettting there, Docker. I'm readingthat you just had $1 on this multi.A simple $10 on the draw and $10 on Ukrainewill guarentee you some profit:$47 for Spain winning, $25 for the draw and$30 for Ukraine winning. You can twiddle thenumbers around a bit to change these but youcan lock in a nice little win whatever happens.
    Beware of Greeks bearing stripped decks.

Thanks Doctor, it was a $10 bet, but I guess same principal applies. I will do some sums, but am thinking of $80 on draw and $60 ukraine. If any of these get up, still show a profit of $138 and $156US respectictively.If Spain do what they should and win, still a $520US profit, so cant complain.

MakybeDiva is offline PNW Semi-Pro

I'm not intending to mock anything, but Spain are perennial under-achievers when it comes to the world stage. They have a fantastic squad that almost always doesn't go as far as they should in major competitions.Ukraine are a serious opposition. If I were you I would be laying off. You've done so well to get 8/9, you wouldn't want Spain to go and stuff it up. My guess is that your other legs in the multi were easier than this (England, Argentina, Brazil etc). Make no mistake, this is a hard game.
    John Mayer's Continuum - overloading my iTunes

Try lilRay, his odds are unbelievable.
    Beware of Greeks bearing stripped decks.

yoyo is offline PNW Elite

Dr. I think you'll find that LilrayTAB was running a special promotion when those odds were quoted. No sportsbetting site can run at minus 1700% vig :Pyoyo

Blu3B3ar is offline PNW Pro

You can also lay the bet off using the Asian Handicap, "Ukraine +0.5" at Betfair and other major online sports betting websites. The odds is 2.08 (as I am writing this) and the bet pays off if Ukraine draws or win. Instead of making two separate bets for a draw or an Ukraine win, this kills two birds with one stone.The exact amount you wish to wager depends on your risk tolerance and willingness to still bet on the final game. However, in order to lock up a guaranteed profit of $35, you'll need to wager approximately $32 in the Asian Handicap.Win for spain = $67 - $32 = $35Draw, win for ukraine = $32 * (2.08 - 1) = $35This assumes the initial "accumulator" bet was $10 at odds of 6.7. I hope I didn't make a mistake here.

mattp is offline PNW Semi-Pro

I don't care if you think the game is a lock. You HAVE to lay it off and take the guarantee. This is the name of the game in sports betting.
    "The key to limit hold'em is to put a man to a decision for some of his chips"

MakybeDiva is offline PNW Semi-Pro

BlueBear, your option has been miscalculated. I'm pretty sure ImaDocker's 9 leg bet was $10 for a $670 payout - 67-1, not 6.7-1.
    John Mayer's Continuum - overloading my iTunes

Thanks bluebear, makybe is right, it was $10 outlay at odds of $67. I'd like a guarantee of about $400-500, can you run those numbers again?Thanks heaps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast