Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can YOYO make the top 500 at WSOP ?

poker777778 is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Default Can YOYO make the top 500 at WSOP ?

Where will YoYo finish in the Main Event ?Top 500 ? [b]Yes or No ?[b]

LuckyTonyD is offline PNW Amateur

501, right after i bust him. mwa haha.
    Boo yah i make miracles happen.

danielg is offline PNW Elite

i think we should be saying top 800, as more than likely thats were payday starts, Hard to tell obv a lot of things determine it but i think he is in with a chance as there are a lot worse players there and if yoyo can be seated with 8/9 of them the better chance he hasDan

davidwrunner is offline PNW Grinder

IMHO, a lot of people are underestimating the challenge of doing well in this tourney.If this was a freeroll on Partypoker with 8000 runners - it would be hard enough but this is a huge field with not only average/below average players but also the best in the world.Luck plays a major role - Moneymaker wasn't the best in 2003, he was the luckiest and the same for Raymer in 2004. How many races/coin flips will Yoyo have to win to make the top 500??I think 10/1 would be a fair price - happy to lay 8/1
    If you're not pissed off at the world - you're just not paying attention

yoyo is offline PNW Elite

I play pretty aggressively around the bubble area these days, so there is a decent chance (if I even make it that far) that I'll finish just outside the bubble. If I break the bubble barrier, I think I'll be looking good for top 100.But, in reality, with the way I play, my chances will probably really come down to whether the 3-4 seats to my left on day 1 defend hard against stealers. If I get tough defenders, things will get interesting. If they allow me to steal and take it down post-flop, barring any really bad luck, I should cruise through to the later days (*if* they allow me my rampant stealing). Will be interesting anyway :Pyoyo

poker777778 is offline PNW Semi-Pro

I think he will be out on Day One or last til the final 300. One or the other.Once the players are "in the money" the pressure is off, and they fall off quick.This is where I think YoYo can hang in.If he is to miss the money, may it be an early departure to save on depression.I also think he will outlast his "horses" in the event.Will be an interesting week.

In all seriousness i like yoyos chances. Not only because of his individual skill, but also because the field is going to be just awful.I'll definately be swapping a few % with him.

yoyo is offline PNW Elite

Thanks for vote of confidence Poker777778. I pray that your prediction holds true - either out very early or through to the business end. I've been playing pretty well lately I think (I kinda turned a corner during Ladbrokes tourney in Estonia) - I froze up a little after realising I was chip leader when we were down to 3 tables and ended up missing a lot of spots where I could have attacked. I swore after that tourney, I would never freeze up again - stuff the consequences - if the spot is right, I'm going to go for it. :P I should admit that I sincerely hope to be known as the biggest fish, the luckiest muppet in the history of the WSOP should it mean I make Final Table. I hope I hit every 2-outer I possibly can, and don't care if every poker player in the world thinks I completely luckboxed it :PI think Tony Dunst will do very well and I'll be looking to swap some % with him if he's interested. Gareth Edwards also brings his A-game to the big tourneys and has the game to get deep. Of course, all the young Aus stars like Arul, Downing, Emad, Vos, Dimmock, etc will have their tables fully under control. I'd just like to see at least one Aussie make it to Final Table...It's gonna be fun!yoyo

Hmmm we should set odds on varios ozzies making final table. Then we can get into a heated, egomaniacal debate about whos odds should be lower then whos, with the discussion resulting in a lot of bruised egos and cheap insults.

onegirlarmy is offline PNW Grinder

I think Yoyo is going to win!**The terms "I think" and "I hope" should be interchanged freely....only because I have a % of him :P

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast