Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What's Happened to his Place?

Harley is offline PNW Grinder

Default What's Happened to his Place?

When I first came to this website, it was great. I loved reading that Frankie from Coburg won the Thursday at crown, or Jimmy Chong Chong from Cheltenham won the Sunday cash. There was a real community vibe, everyone encouraging each other and talking up the local scene.That’s slowly dying.I'm not a big limit player, I don't pretend to be, I just like playing my tourneys. But now, when ever I log on to have a read, maybe grab a cool link, 2 out of 3 threads are full of arguments about "I’m the best" "so so is a bum" "you're an idiot" or "lets all laugh at this guy" (which is ok if they're from America or Sydney)Maybe if we could keep some of the egos and naysayers in check, we might slow down the rate at which this place is turning into a bitchfest?I fully expect this thread to get deleted.P.S. More pics of titties

LostRaces is offline PNW Railbird

bring back Pete M!!
    "If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability," - Henry Ford -

danielg is offline PNW Elite

harley i couldnt agree more. i used to be one of the few annoying the shit out of everyone know its too much. u have twats from sydney paying out fiddla because yoyo and bok do it. but last time i checked both yoyo and bok have atleast met fiddla. please will people stop hiding behind screen names and show sum guts.From what i hear alot of interstate rivalry has taken place already for the vic champs. now i look forward to our interstate competitors arrival as this means some of the best players on there way. we have so many great players as we travel up the coast including 2 wsop bracelets. in my time around poker although breif there has never been hatred cast between players because of the state they come from. just alot of beer drank and stories shared. usually stemming from the bowling alley or spearmint rhino.I too am one for peter m to start posting more.DanG

polarbear27 is offline PNW Lurker

Default Re: What's Happened to his Place?

give me a table full of russians and asians once in my life pleaseeee

JK.
    JK. is offline PNW Elite

There is nothing wrong with this place.
    Members will return and new players will register once everyone gets over the shock
    and stress of he news about the crooked Internet sites, rorting players and the
    criminal escapades by some of the well known pros.
    Sites will get caught,the crooks will be found out but the game poker will never die.
    John Kocbek.

SwoopAE is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JK. View Post
    There is nothing wrong with this place.
    Members will return and new players will register once everyone gets over the shock
    and stress of he news about the crooked Internet sites, rorting players and the
    criminal escapades by some of the well known pros.
    Sites will get caught,the crooks will be found out but the game poker will never die.
    A lot of forum regulars here had a toxic attitude towards anyone outside of the 'cool kids clique' that killed a lot of peoples desire to post here. I tried, but I prefer 2+2, and another smaller forum I post at, plus Poker Asia Pacific has taken a lot of the site's business.

Basically, it's been a bad year for poker, but it's more that a high percentage of the (former) regular posters here were simply unpleasant to interact with on the forum. I may be guilty of that too at times, but I did try to help people who posted hand histories and be civil to most people. I now do that elsewhere. One of the moderators even went out of his way to be rude to me when I tried to introduce myself when we sat next to each other in a live event. The toxic environment has driven the posters away.
    Last edited by SwoopAE; 31-08-2012 at 04:00 PM.

JK.
    JK. is offline PNW Elite

Toxic environment had a lot to do with the demise but I can feel positive changes coming.
    We can do with some new faces with new ideas and friendlier behaviour.
    (Poker is a great game.The problem is that because it is not regulated like other sports and games,it attracts crooks. )
    John Kocbek.

Yorkshire Pudding is offline Super Moderator

By their very nature forums are a breeding ground for trolls! We will be trying to keep the trolls out, paving the way to some proper poker discussion!

JK.
    JK. is offline PNW Elite

That is what we like to hear YP.
    John Kocbek.

Spikey is offline PNW Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Pudding View Post
    By their very nature forums are a breeding ground for trolls! We will be trying to keep the trolls out, paving the way to some proper poker discussion!
    But nobody plays poker any more.
    If you want to die early, just retire -- Jeff Kennett

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast