Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Which Big time Pros do you think are the most over-rated? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Big time Pros do you think are the most over-rated?

Chambers is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Default Which Big time Pros do you think are the most over-rated?

relax lilray lol.In eric lindgrens book it says he's won 600 000 in tournaments- sorry if my information is wrong.Just a topic for forum discussion don't get your panties in a twist

Davz is offline PNW Railbird

the advertising really works tho, all these pros endorsing rooms and such, i have a mate, who tries so hard to be poker, that if he could get surgery he would change the shape of his head into a spade, LOL, all he gas bags about is, when he gets the net, he is gonna play on full tilt all the time, coz he likes their pros, so it all pays off in the end i spose, and as for over rated "PRO" id say phil ivey, have not seen him win the ME yet
    Ballarat is a cess pool of poker talent!!! Better recognise

Andre28 is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Davz, lolololololol

Chambers is offline PNW Semi-Pro

nooooo way! you can't be serious!! i mean phil ivey is the MAN. He has won soooo much money and he plays in the biggest cash games on the planet!he is one pro who is definately not over rated in my opinion lol.

poker777778 is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Bugsy, I doubt that you would tell Evelyn Ng and Jennifer JENNICIDE Leigh that they are not deserving of Professional Poker Player status.

Further on Lederer, from my understanding he is more of a limit player, so you are less likely to see him take down one of the big TV events

Bugsy is offline PNW Pro

poker77778, if i ever meet Evelyn Ng you can be sure i will compliment her on both her looks and her poker ability. while on the subject of tournament players who may or may not deserve their status lets not forget Erika Schoenberg, Mansion's resident Pro. her best finish a 16th. that bodes well. unlike FullTilt which has top of the range pros at mansion you will probably be able to beat the house pro.As for tourney winnings of pros like Doyle brunson don't forget to divide his win by the 50 years he has been palying poker and subtract his entry fees. Even a big winner like Ferguson has much less impressive results if you look at net win divided by years played. A player who bursts onto the tourney scene can sudeenly go a long time without a decent collect. A few years all the talk was about devilfish Ulliot. he has been almost unheard of for a few years nowI would be very surprised if many of the B&M pros can average 500K per year. while that may sound a lot it isnt really a lot for the best in their field. It also is peanuts compared to the amounts being won by good cash game players.
    magister, futue te ipsum

Luke S is offline PNW Railbird

"What have these guys done other than a bracelet here or there?"What have u ever done Chambers? Maybe when you win a bracelet you can make a comment like that.
    Fear changes everything

lol luke. i dont know chambers, but for some reason i feel like i should jump in and defend him. Was your question serious? Chambers wasnt claiming to be a high profile Pro.

PokaBandito is offline PNW Amateur

I agree with Chambers. There are definitely plenty of overrated players out there (especially tourney players). There are also plenty of underrated players out there. A few overrated players that come to mind are Robery Varkonyi and Tom McEvoy. Since winning the WSOP ME they haven't done much of anything. Same things goes for Moneymaker, but that's a given. (Yes, I know Moneymaker made a WPT final table - it was just a good year for him.)
    GAMBOOOOOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast