Thread: College Football Week 5 Saturday (our Sunday) games

luckyshades is offline PNW Elite

Default College Football Week 5 Saturday (our Sunday) games

Missed the multi last week, but got home with the Colorado and UAB games yesterday, and the Pitt game this morning.

7 team multi

Alabama @ Kentucky
    Houston @ UTEP
    Clemson @ Maryland
    Virginia Tech @ Duke
    Arkansas State @ Iowa
    Florida Int @ UL Monroe
    Tulsa @ Rice

6u @ ~$3.00

Betting 5 away teams is pretty unusual but that's just how the card fell this week. 6 of those are very solid favourites, and even the UL Monroe is a decent favourite to beat a pretty poor Fl. Int team.

Florida actually have their WR in doubt for the game, and since they rely heavily on their passing game (only averaging 66 yards rushing this will hurt). They are also 0-3 to start the season, 0-1 on the road and 0-2 against conference opponents.

Other games:

Wisconsin @ Minnesota - In the interests of full disclosure I'm a Badgers fan, but I think we have the better team, and have a good record against Minnesota in what is a huge rivalry game. Tolzien is throwing the ball well and the offence is moving. Ok, we haven't played the strongest teams, but we did overcome a decent Fresno State. This is the first trip away from Camp Randall, but the Badgers have the edge over the Gophers in this one.

Minnesota gave up over 300 passing yards to lowly NorthWestern last week, and I think Tolzien picks them apart in this one. On the defensive side, the Badgers defend well against the passing game, and despite having an exceptional wideout in Eric Decker, I think the Badger defence can contain him. I would have preferred to take the Badgers with the 3 start, but it looks like others had the same idea, so I'm taking this one straight up.

4u @ $2.15.

Penn State v Illinois

I can't believe I'm backing the Nittany Lions again after their abysmal showing last week v Iowa - but I swear they are a decent team !!

The Illini are giving up 28 points per game and almost 400 yards, and are the WORST team in the country at stopping 3rd down conversions (an area that Penn really struggled last week, but will have an easier time of it here).

I think Penn bounce back and show why they are ranked in the top teams in the country whilst the Fighting Illini continue their slide.

6u @$1.91

Probably one or two more to come. I really want to bet Auburn against Tennessee tomorrow in the ESPN televised game, but can't pull the trigger for some reason ...

Default Re: College Football Week 5 Saturday (our Sunday) games

Adding under 51.0 Wyoming @ Florida Atlantic.

Both of these teams are playing awful at the moment, and both are struggling to score points. Wyoming are averaging 17.3 and FL Atl 14.7. Neither team ranks in the top 25 in passing or rushing, but both teams defend ok (for 2 poor teams).

With these two teams it wouldn't completely shock me if it ends up 45-38, but I really think both teams struggle and it finishes something like 21-17 (probably to Florida).

6u @ $1.91

Well the multi loses because Clemson suck, but Wisky and Penn State are both going to win as predicted (Badgers 5-0 baby!!) and still alive although not looking great in the under 51 game with 31 points scored at the half.

Late game picks coming soon.

Adding Auburn straight up.

4u @ $2.12

Vanderbilt + 10

5u @ $1.91
    Last edited by luckyshades; 04-10-2009 at 08:46 PM.

5u USC -4.0

mguerrera is offline PNW Novice

Havent been on these forums in a while but its great to see im not the only one loving the American football season, i aswell punt on the NFL and CFB seasons.

I'll post some picks up later this weekend .