Thread: Ripped off by Luxbet

dermie23 is offline PNW Grinder

Default Ripped off by Luxbet

I placed 2 bets with Luxbet for $600 to place on the England races and got ripped off big time - could use some advice as to how to best tackle this .

I backed a horse that was paying $2.50 to place less than 30 seconds before the pool closed - it paid $1- i thought this was just a 1 off so placed another $600 bet to place on a horse paying around $4 to place with less than 20 seconds to go - once again it paid $1.04

Luxbet advertise that they pay VIC TAB +5% so i assumed they would payout on whatever the TAB paid not realising they put my $600 into the TAB pool thus ruining the pool - there was barely $1500 in the pool including my $600 so no wonder both races paid $1- i have since rung them and ask they at least match the NSW TAB price which was $1.80 for the 1st bet and $2.50 for the 2nd bet and all i got was some supervisor that kept repeating we pay what the TAB pay +5% - they have got on after the race has jumped - surely thats ILLEGAL ? i know we are not allowed to bet once the race jumps and the pool is closed - mind you Luxbet is owned by TABCORP .

I have lodged a complaint with the NT Racing Commission who have given them a week to reply and said if they had placed the bets after the race jumped its a matter for the Vic Tab .

Their customer service is pathetic and i e mailed them 3-4 times and rang them 7times and never got a call back even though i had left so many messages , before i insisted on waiting on the phone to speak to a supervisor who just brushed me off with the standard line of we pay what STAB pays - i asked him if he had put my money into the TAB pool and he would not even give me a straight anwer .

I welcome any suggestions as to what action i should take from here

Default Re: Ripped off by Luxbet

The 1st race closed at $2.50 so they owe me $900 and the 2nd race closed at $4 so they owe me $1800 = $2700 in all - its amazing how the horse i backed to place was paying $8 the win and $4 the place and 30 seconds into the race was paying $1.04 - this is to dodgy for words

Duff85 is offline PNW Semi-Pro

It is an interesting situation... Unless they have an automated system that automatically lays off into the tab pool, being that they are both TABCorp they could potentially have something like this set up - particuarly when they are only garuanteeing to pay out of one particular pool. If I were you i'd look to get my money in at Centrebet or one of the other bookmakers that will play across the three pools.
    "No value in poker anymore everyone too solid, moving to Korea to take up Starcraft 2 professionally." - CNT_Crusher

Its different with the races at night from England- during the day they bet on best place price , have fixed prices etc but at night the use the TAB price - i usually bet with Betfair or sportsbet that have fixed odds on win and place but happened to have money in my Luxbet account so used that - i just assumed when they said TAB +5% they would match what the TAB did +5% - was not expecting my money to go into the TAB pool

chenyan is offline PNW Semi-Pro

I don't have anything constructive to add which may help you (perhaps consider the very recent unfair contracts legislation amendments), but I hope it all works out. Thanks for the heads up about LuxBet though.