Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NRL Discussion Thread

Ice Bird is offline PNW Amateur

Default Re: 2011 NRL Discussion Thread

Broncos are going to be in the GF this year. I hate em, I dont support em, but i reckon they win this year.....

Thats all I am going to predict. I dont know anything else....

Plus the above statement is too outrageous for a follow up.....

grunter is offline PNW Elite

Quote Originally Posted by luckyshades View Post

6) Raiders

Not a chance in the world they finish in the top 8 this year.
    pz to all

luckyshades is offline PNW Elite

Quote Originally Posted by grunter View Post
    I don't really think they will be any good .. I just think it's going to be a pretty ordinary season. With four top class sides and a bunch of also rans.

pkrmonster is offline PNW Amateur

I really can't see 8 teams better them than this year.

in before look harder

grunter is offline PNW Elite

You both realise Campese won't play before round 20 and Matt Orford was a horrible 29 year old when he left the NRL and is not suddenly an exceptional 32 year old halfback?

I would like to bet on Cowboys finishing higher than Raiders this year
    pz to all

robdon is offline PNW Amateur

I love NRL discussions as its always good to see other peoples views. Having spent time going through all teams lists of players and I am not talking about the top 25 squads here, I am looking at their full depths as I had to prepare for my fantasy comp. I really cannot see how the Raiders can make the top 8. they have lost a few key players in both their forward pack and backlines and they pick up 2 notable players only in Brett White and Matt Orford.

Knowing that Campese is out and may possibly make it back for the last few rounds I cant see Orford filling more than just that hole. I mean yeah hes a good player but they are just replacing Campese with Orford and dont really have any backup now for further injury in the halves. Also losing Justin Carney and Monaghan in the backs is going to hurt them.

I am excited about seeing how the Bulldogs go with their new recruits and especially seeing if they have Barba as their #1, he should be there as long as Moore doesnt muck around with trialling others there. The Warriors have picked up a few players and I think Berrigan will make a huge difference and their razzle dazzle style of play should mean more tries being scored with him at Hooker.

The Storm have lost some muscle in the forwards but their backline is quite good, picking up Champion or swapping for Inglis was a good move and Matt Duffie and Justin O'neill will have a big year I wont be surprised if they score more than 15 each.

Cowboys for the wooden spoon, too easy here as JT is nothing but a grub and until they remove him from the team it will fail. Hows his form if hes not humping wives or girlfiends of his team mates hes upsetting players like Tonga by as I said being a grub.

pkrmonster is offline PNW Amateur

You both realise Campese won't play before round 20 and Matt Orford was a horrible 29 year old when he left the NRL and is not suddenly an exceptional 32 year old halfback?

I would like to bet on Cowboys finishing higher than Raiders this year
    A horrible orford is still better than half the halfbacks in the comp though

clintsmydad is offline PNW Semi-Pro

West tigers/collingwood @ $33 for alot
    west tigers/collingwood/man utd @ $73 for a little less

that will do me for the season gl all

Well Souths were just flogged by the Titans 42-4 in a trial, both teams fielded what seems their best squads although Inglis, Luke, Crocker and Burgess were out Souths obv dont have the depth. I think Luckyshades you could give 25-1 they wont make the 8.

Not looking good for the Raiders, yes I know its a trial but 24-4 against a team that lost a chunk of their forward pack doesnt look promising. Will join Souths in not making the finals.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast