Thread: Do not stake Uno Pezzzzzz / Carnite

Choparno is offline PNW Railbird

Default Do not stake Uno Pezzzzzz / Carnite

This player (Eliot James von Hartitzsch) has scammed me for 12.5k USD.

I began staking Eliot for online MTTs in October last year. In February, I agreed to stake him for live satellites + cash games in Christchurch. He was approximately 5k in online makeup at the time but we had a good relationship and were in regular communication.

On Feb 22 he sent me a message indicating that he ran badly in live satellites and cash, that he was trying to get in touch with friends in Christchurch following the earthquake to make sure they were ok, and would be on contact soon. Despite sending him regular messages and emails, I have not heard a thing from him since, and neither have any of the mutual friends I have contacted.

I can only conclude that he he has elected to drop out of the poker community altogether and scam for me 12.5k (total of online MU + bankroll I had provided him).

I recommend not entering into any financial relationship with this person.

Starcitybust is offline PNW Railbird

Default Re: Do not stake Uno Pezzzzzz / Carnite

My ex is a pitboss there and plays live games all over the country. And I have many friends in Auckland and queenstown. I will reach out and see if he is around the poker at all.

Choparno is offline PNW Railbird

Update:

After disappearing for ~2.5 years, Eliot contacted me last week claiming he wants to pay me back. He has returned ~2.8k (the balance of his online accounts + some tourney tickets converted into $), and says he wants to pay back the remainder over time.

Just wanted to put that on record, should anyone ever see this thread.

Yorkshire Pudding is offline Super Moderator

Good luck with getting everything that you're owed.

Baron Vo Mandor is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Choparno View Post
    This player (Eliot James von Hartitzsch) has scammed me for 12.5k USD.

I began staking Eliot for online MTTs in October last year. In February, I agreed to stake him for live satellites + cash games in Christchurch. He was approximately 5k in online makeup at the time but we had a good relationship and were in regular communication.

On Feb 22 he sent me a message indicating that he ran badly in live satellites and cash, that he was trying to get in touch with friends in Christchurch following the earthquake to make sure they were ok, and would be on contact soon. Despite sending him regular messages and emails, I have not heard a thing from him since, and neither have any of the mutual friends I have contacted.

I can only conclude that he he has elected to drop out of the poker community altogether and scam for me 12.5k (total of online MU + bankroll I had provided him).

I recommend not entering into any financial relationship with this person.
    So you were $5k in the hole to him at the time and you lent him another $7.5k?

Oh dear.