The next edition of PokerNews Australasia & Pacific is about to hit casinos, poker room and newsstands around the country featuring ANZPT Player of the Year Tony Hachem on the front cover.
Here’s what you’ll find in the Jan-Feb edition of PokerNews Australasia & Pacific magazine:
• The year is almost over but with the arrival of the New Year comes the onset of Australia’s premier poker tournament – the Aussie Millions! From a once small and exclusive event originally known as the Crown Australian Poker Championships, the Aussie Millions now ranks among the world’s most prestigious tournaments and we look at who will be making the trek down under in 2011.
• Five-time WSOP bracelet winner Jeff Lisandro has put himself on a media ban since the 2010 WSOP, refusing all interview requests after he was controversially overlooked for the Tournament of Champions (despite being named WSOP Player of the Year just 12 months earlier). However, he agreed to speak out in an exclusive interview with PokerNews Australasia and Pacific to explain all of his grievances with the direction tournament poker is headed.
• He was once the younger brother of WSOP champion Joe, but Tony Hachem has since emerged as a poker star in his own right with his maiden live tournament victory this year and back to back ANZPT Player of the Year titles. We sit down with Hachem to discuss his rise and the struggles he has faced to earn respect.
• The WSOP has been run and won for another year after one of the most talked about final tables in WSOP history. We catch up with the champ – Jonathan Duhamel – after he became the first Canadian ever to win the world’s biggest poker tournament. We also speak with man of the moment Michael Mizrachi after his remarkable run that saw him win the $50k Players’ Championship and make three more final tables including the November 9.
• APPT Sydney is over for another year and didn’t the stars come out to play! From Daniel Negreanu and Roland de Wolfe to Tony G, Jeff Lisandro and Joe Hachem there was no shortage of quality at Sydney’s Star City Casino in December. We spend some time with eventual winner and all-round good guy Jonathan Karamalikis and have a laugh with Negreanu as part of our complete wrap.
• Don’t forget our regular features, including all the latest news from PokerNetwork (including the latest Players of the Month); columns from Tony G, Joe Hachem and Grant Levy. Brendan Duffy brings us all the latest from on the local online scene (featuring the latest Pocket Fives rankings) including a look back at the recent APCOOP and FTOPS series.
• And of course we wrap up all the local tournament action from the past two months including APPT Cebu, APT Macau, ANZPT Darwin and the Joe Hachem Deep Stack Series. Finally we hold an audience with professional tennis player and recent addition to the Full Tilt Poker stable as he prepared to head for Melbourne for the Australian Open and Aussie Millions. Don’t miss our best issue ever!
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!
PokerNews Australasia & Pacific - Jan-Feb Edition Out Soon!
PokerNetwork is home to one of the most active poker forums online. With all the latest online poker news from both Australia and around the world, PokerNetwork is your home for the latest and greatest offers.