Sean Callander is back with another weekly preview for the AFL. Some intriguing games this weekend and certainly a bit of value to be had.
Managed to claw some ground back after a miserable start to round 19, another tricky weekend with high stakes for some of the finals contenders
• Ladder leaders Collingwood and Essendon kick-off the round under lights at the MCG. Happy to take the +40.5 line and expect the game total to come in under 194.5.
• Traditional rivals Carlton and Richmond kick-off Saturday’s action. Market is heavily influenced by last week’s games. Blues are deserved favourites and should take the points but like the Tigers at the +21.5.
• The roller coaster ride of Fremantle heads back to Subiaco for a rare Saturday afternoon game. Sydney was ultra-impressive against a lame Hawthorn side last week but high stakes for the Dockers, and expect them to win at home. No bet.
• Intriguing battle between the ‘Scrays and Cats. Flu has decimated the Bulldogs side, which must be factored into the game. Geelong should rebound after last week’s loss, and I think they’ll easily cover the -9.5. Look for game total +190.
• Port Adelaide start three goal favourites against West Coast, an indication of how bad the Eagles are going! Have to pick the Power at home, but with little confidence. Looking for a game total -165.
• Likewise, Brisbane v Adelaide is another tipster’s nightmare. Bookies are on the fence too. Crows might struggle after last week’s grind against the Dogs, so makes sense to go with the home side. Taking the tri-bet under 15 either side.
• Not much respect for the Demons’ recent form, with Hawthorn opening warm favourites. Prepared to take that on – Melbourne to win (BEST BET) and will bet the unders on the game total down to a line of 172.5.
• How could the market for St Kilda v North open at exactly the same odds as St Kilda v Port Adelaide last week? I have it pegged much closer … stuff it, let’s go for the big upset – North to win at the juicy odds of $4.10!
Want to get some cash down on any of the footy action this weekend? Have a look at Betfair, Bet365, or PartyBets for exclusive deposit offers and free cash from PokerNetwork. Bet365 and PartyBets even let you integrate your poker account with your sports betting roll. Don't forget to tune into Sean Callander and Brendan Duffy on the PokerNetwork Sportsbetting Show.
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!
Get some money on your favourite team and make some green!
PokerNetwork is home to one of the most active poker forums online. With all the latest online poker news from both Australia and around the world, PokerNetwork is your home for the latest and greatest offers.