It is hard to believe but the final week of home and away AFL footy is upon us. Sean Callander has run the rule over each of the team's to find those rogue numbers for you to bet this weekend!
• With a home final at stake for both sides, Fremantle and Carlton have plenty on the line in tonight’s clash at Subi. In the wake of Freo’s decision to rest a stack of players last week, the incentive for the Blues to win couldn’t be greater. Taking Carlton at the juicy odds of $2.40, and the +188.5 point game total is a special (BEST BET)
• Big lines are often on offer when interstate sides visit Skilled Stadium and that’s the case where with the Eagles ranked 72-point underdogs against Geelong. History shows these lines are rarely covered, especially in the windy conditions expected tomorrow so happy to have a small play on West Coast at the +72. Cats to win.
• The Hawks still have a mathematical chance of a home final so expect a spirited showing against Collingwood at the MCG tomorrow. With top spot assured, the Magpies could be tempted the take their foot off the pedal. Definitely keen on the Hawks at the +13.5, with the $2.60 head-to-head also tempting.
• St Kilda is the real dark horse heading into the finals, and I quite like the $5 for last year’s grand finalists to go all the way in 2010. They have a respectable record against Adelaide (even at AAMI Stadium), which makes the Saints to win 1-39 points worth a significant play. Will also be looking for a game total -180 points.
• With the loss of Jonathan Brown, the Lions will struggle against a Sydney side that has hit its straps at the right end of the season. The Swans won’t want to give up a home game in the first week of the finals so look for them to comfortably account for Brisbane at the Gabba. A game total of under 170 points also looks likely.
• The injury ravaged Bulldogs will be desperate to salvage something from a season that is rapidly running off the rails and should gain some confidence heading into the finals. The end of the season can’t come quickly enough for Essendon, so the -30.5 looks a sound investment in what could be Matthew Knights’ last game at the helm.
• It’s the final game for Ben Cousins on Sunday as the Tigers host Port Adelaide at Etihad Stadium. Richmond’s recent form against the Power has been solid and after a solid showing against the Saints last week, I expect the Tigers to finish the season on a high with victory on Sunday. The $1.65 is a bit short so happy to take the -8.5 line.
• The home and away season comes to a close with Melbourne’s clash against North Melbourne at the MCG on Sunday. The Roos have won their last six against the Demons by an average of five goals and coming off a hard fought win in Perth last week, they look good value at around $1.85.
Don't forget to check out Betfair, Bet365, or PartyBets for exclusive deposit offers and free cash from PokerNetwork. Bet365 and PartyBets even let you integrate your poker account with your sports betting roll. Sean Callander, Stephen Doig, and Brendan Duffy have more picks for you on the PokerNetwork Sportsbetting Show.
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!
Sean Callander is back with his best bets for round 22.
PokerNetwork is home to one of the most active poker forums online. With all the latest online poker news from both Australia and around the world, PokerNetwork is your home for the latest and greatest offers.