The Online Railbird Report: Heinecker Up $2 Million, Millar Crushes Blom in 10 Minutes

Posted 23 days 2 hours ago by Chad Holloway

Whenever we report about a player winning or losing more than a million dollars in a week playing online, more times than not that player is Viktor “Isildur1” Blom. Well, this week that was not the case.

Niklas “ragen70” Heinecker, who won the GuangDong Asia Millions in June for $4.46 million, earned the distinction of the week’s biggest winner after he banked an incredible $1,897,290 in 4,856 hands over 37 sessions – which averages out to $390.71 per hand. On the flip side, the downslide of “MalACEsia” continued as he lost $1,055,541 in 2,526 hands over 25 sessions – an average loss of $417.87 per hand.

Other winners this week, albeit at a fraction of Heinecker’s score, were “proudlikeagoat” (+$436,227 in 23 sessions/1,570 hands), Alex “IReadYrSoul” Millar (+$349,650 in 15 sessions/1,242 hands), Gus Hansen (+$254,559 in 13 sessions/688 hands) and Kyle “cottonseed1” Hendon (+$223,216 in 6 sessions/269 hands).

Joining “MalACEsia” in the loser column were “Call_911” (-$815,700 in 22 sessions/1,983 hands), Viktor “Isildur1” Blom (-$724,266 in 56 sessions/4,347 hands), “John R Turk” (-$430,203 in 9 sessions/534 hands), Kyle “KPR16” Fray (-$302,302 in 13 sessions/1,136 hands) and last week’s biggest winner, en “Bttech86” Tollerene (-$225,148 in 11 sessions/541 hands).

Millar Over Blom in 10 Minutes; Heinecker Saturday’s Biggest Winner

Last week, Alex “IReadYrSoul” Millar lost $308,487 in just 1,018 hands of poker. On Saturday, Aug. 17, Millar rebounded by winning $273,000 playing $400/$800 no-limit hold’em against Viktor “Isildur1” Blom. Incredibly, he did so in just 40 hand over 10 minutes!

It was during that time that Millar won two significant pots over $200,000. Here’s a look at both:

Alex Millar & Viktor Blom
Alex Millar & Viktor Blom

Hand #1: Millar ($142,758.50) opened for $2,700 only to have Blom ($127,239.50) three-bet to $9,600. Not to be outdone, Millar four-bet to $24,800 and then called when Blom shoved all in. Just like that, there was a $254,479 pot on the line.

Millar: {k-Spades}{k-Clubs}
Blom: {a-Hearts}{k-Diamonds}

According to the PokerNews Odds Calculator, Millar was a 69.61% favourite to win the hand while Blom would come from behind 29.60%. The {j-Diamonds}{k-Hearts}{9-Hearts} flop gave Millar a set and improved him to a 94.55% favourite, while Blom’s chances of winning dropped to 5.45%. The {4-Hearts} turn made things interesting as it gave Blom the flush draw he needed – giving him an increased 18.18% chance of winning the hand – but the {A-Clubs} river failed to complete it.

Hand #2: Blom ($102,047.50) opened for $2,400 and then called when Millar ($137,945.50) three-bet to $7,500, which brought about a flop of {7-Spades}{4-Clubs}{j-Diamonds}. Millar bet $6,400, Blom called and the {9-Clubs} arrived on the turn. This time Millar slowed down with a check and Blom took the opportunity to fire out $18,400. Millar then woke up with an all-in check-raise and Blom called off his remaining $69,747.50. Millar had turned the nuts with the {10-Hearts}{8-Hearts}, which was ahead of Blom’s {j-Clubs}{9-Diamonds} for a turned two pair. The {5-Hearts} failed to pair the board on the river and Millar was awarded the $204,095 pot.

As if things couldn’t get any worse for Blom, he went on to lose $179,000 to Kyle “KPR16” Fray at the $2,000/$4,000 fixed-limit Omaha Hi/Lo tables. Blom mitigated his losses in other games and ended up losing $236,000 on the day.

In was also on Saturday that Niklas “ragen70” Heinecker won $300,800, enough to make him the day’s biggest winner. The vast majority of that came at the $400/$800 NLHE tables, where the following pot took place:

Heinecker Continues His Winning Ways

Winning $300,000 in a day is great, but doing it back to back is even better. That’s a feeling Niklas “ragen70” Heinecker got to experience last weekend after he followed up Saturday’s $300,800 win with a $328,900 one playing $400/$800 NLHE on Sunday.

In his biggest pot, action was five handed when “HelicopterBen82” ($80,000) opened for $2,400 under the gun only to have “John R Turk” ($153,964.29) three-bet to $8,000 from the button. Heinecker ($143,148.60) then made it $19,200 from the small blind, “HelicopterBen82” got out of the way, and “John R Turk” five-bet to $42,200. A six-bet shove from Heinecker followed and “John R Turk” called.

“John R Turk”: {k-Diamonds}{k-Clubs}
Heinecker: {a-Spades}{k-Spades}

The two agreed to run it twice, and Heinecker got lucky when the {5-Hearts}{a-Hearts}{3-Spades}{5-Clubs}{8-Clubs} on the first gave him a winning pair of aces for half the pot. Much to “John R Turk’s” dismay, the {5-Diamonds}{a-Diamonds}{2-Spades}{7-Diamonds}{10-Hearts} on the second did the same and Heinecker scooped the $289,944 pot.

That pot was nice, but it wasn’t the biggest of the day. That happened at a six-handed table when “HelicopterBen82” ($131,133.50) opened for $2,800, “Call_911” ($151,824.89) called and “MalACEsia” ($287,859.09) three-bet to $10,400 from the button. The blinds folded, “HelicopterBen82” called and then “Call_911” four-bet to $30,300. “MalACEsia” responded with a five-bet to $55,000, “HelicopterBen82” folded and “Call_911” moved all in. “MalACEsia” called the additional $96,824.89 and it was off to the races.

“MalACEsia”: {q-Clubs}{q-Diamonds}
“Call_911”: {a-Hearts}{k-Hearts}

The {4-Spades}{8-Hearts}{9-Hearts} flop didn’t hit “Call_911” directly, but it did give him a flush draw to go with his overs. The {2-Hearts} turn completed the said flush, and just like that “MalACEsia” was drawing dead. The meaningless {10-Spades} was run out on the river for good measure to give “Call_911” the $315,847 pot.

Heinecker Banks $803,000 in Wednesday Action

Niklas “ragen70” Heinecker
Niklas “ragen70” Heinecker

It was German domination this week as evidenced by Niklas “ragen70” Heinecker’s performance on Wednesday, which is when he won a whopping $803,500. He did so by playing and winning $160,000 in a three-hour morning session, followed by a four-hour session in the evening when he won an additional $640,000.

In his biggest pot, action was six-handed when Heinecker ($500,005.40) opened for $2,000 from the hijack and cleared the field to “MalACEsia” ($201,175), who three-bet to $7,200 from the big blind. Heinecker called and it was heads-up action to the {9-Spades}{5-Diamonds}{7-Spades} flop. “MalACEsia” led out for $9,600 and then made it $80,000 to go after Heinecker raised to $25,600. The German simply moved all in and “MalACEsia” called off his remaining $113,825.

“MalACEsia”: {a-Spades}{q-Spades}
Heinecker: {8-Hearts}{6-Hearts}

Heinecker had flopped the nuts, but he needed to avoid a spade to hold. That’s exactly what he did as the {7-Clubs} and {2-Hearts} appeared on the turn and river respectively. The $403,347 pot was shipped to Heinecker.

“MalACEsia” was ravaged by Heinecker, and a couple others, before finishing the day down $914,000. It was a devastating loss, but fortunately he was able to get $829,100 of it back on Thursday after grinding for 9.5 hours. During that time there were some monster pots.

In one, action was six-handed when “proudlikeagoat” ($171,832) opened for $2,400 from the hijack and “MalACEsia” ($311,099.20) three-bet to $7,200 from the cutoff. The button and blinds all folded, “proudlikeagoat” four-bet to $18,400 and the flop came down {9-Hearts}{10-Diamonds}{5-Hearts} after “MalACEsia” called. “Proudlikeagoat” was first to act and led out for $39,000, which prompted “MalACEsia” to move all in. “Proudlikeagoat” called off the $114,432 he had behind and the cards were turned up.

“MalACEsia”: {a-Hearts}{q-Hearts}
“proudlikeagoat”: {8-Hearts}{6-Hearts}

Both players had flopped a flush draw, but “MalACEsia’s” was best. He was actually out in front with his ace high, but “proudlikeagoat” was drawing to two live cards as well as a non-heart seven. The {10-Spades} turn was of little consequence, while the {3-Hearts} river gave both players the flush. “MalACEsia’s” was best and he won the $345,461 pot.

Even though he won that pot, “MalACEsia” did lose the biggest pot of the day, which was a $423,800 monster. Have a look:

Biggest Winners/Losers (Full Tilt Poker)

Biggest Winners (8/16-8/21): Niklas “ragen70” Heinecker (+$1,897,290), “proudlikeagoat” (+$436,227), Alex “IReadYrSoul” Millar (+$349,650), Gus Hansen (+$254,559), Kyle “cottonseed1” Hendon (+$223,216), Martin Kabrhel (+$167,947), “Rhje” (+$128,143)

Biggest Losers (8/9-8/15): “MalACEsia” (-$1,055,541), “Call_911” (-$815,700), Viktor “Isildur1” Blom (-$724,266), “John R Turk” (-$430,203), Kyle “KPR16” Fray (-$302,302), Ben “Bttech86” Tollerene (-$225,148), Doug “WGCRider” Polk (-$187,378)

Year’s Biggest Winners: Kyle “cottonseed1” Hendon (+$3,820,604), “Rhje” (+$2,869,262), Viktor “Isildur1” Blom (+$2,822,715), Alexander “PostFlopAction” Kostritsyn (+$2,714,965), Ben “Bttech86” Tollerene (+$2,687,976), “proudlikeagoat” (+$2,397,539), Niklas “ragen70” Heinecker (+$2,066,954), Patrik “FinddaGrind” Antonius (+$1,694,413), Hac “trex313” Dang (+$1,530,783), Tom “durrrr” Dwan (+$1,484,451), “no_Ola” (+$1,471,710), “Odd_Oddsen”* (+$1,437,460)

Year’s Biggest Losers: “samrostan” (-$3,389,771), Gus Hansen (-$3,352,017), “MalACEsia” (-$3,342,837), Phil “Polarizing” Ivey (-$2,980,086), “punting-peddler” (-$1,564,604), “Call_911” (-$1,402,408), “patpatpanda” (-$1,330,885), Scott “mastrblastr” Seiver (-$1,220,399), Ben “Sauce1234” Sulsky (-$1,200,616)

*Denotes PokerStars

Data, hands and replayer obtained from HighStakesDB.com

Get all the latest PokerNetwork updates on your social media outlets. Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook today!

Follow Chad Holloway on Twitter

Comments (0)

No comments yet. Be the first to post one!

Register to leave a comment

Niklas “ragen70” Heinecker Niklas “ragen70” Heinecker

More recent articles