What’s better than cricket or poker? How about playing poker alongside cricketing legend Shane Warne and WSOP champion Joe Hachem while raising money for underprivileged kids? That’s right, it’s that time of the year again when Shane partners up with some of the countries most influential celebrities and superstars to help raise money for the Shane Warne Foundation.
Scheduled to kick off on Monday the 27th of October 2008 at 5:30pm with a “Learn to play” session, drinks and Canapés, each table will feature a celebrity to keep the action entertaining, especially if you manage to pull up a seat next to Aussie Poker Icon Tony G who has confirmed his attendance and support.
If you are keen to play in this event, it is strongly recommended that you pre-register online at Crown’s website as seats are very limited and filling up quickly.
Date: Monday 27 October 2008
Time: 5.30pm for 7.00 pm start
Venue: Crown Poker Room, Level B2, Crown Melbourne
Dress: Lounge Suit
Buy in: $1000
1st Prize: $25,000
REGISTER ONLINE FOR EVENT HERE
Unlike other charities, the Shane Warne Foundation does not work directly with the children; rather they distribute the monies raised to established charity partners that provide the help and services directly. Each year the board decides which charities will become the annual beneficiaries of the combined efforts, and the funds are distributed accordingly. To find out more info on the great work that the Shane Warne Foundation does, visit the website located at www.tswf.com.au .
Since 2005 the Foundation has raised over $1.7 million and last years event raised over $250,000 for the cause. Some of the biggest names were on hand to play with the attendees and to help raise funds for the foundation. Here are some of the highlights from last year’s knockout event.
2007 Shane Warne Foundation Poker Night Highlights
This year promises to be even more successful with the following celebrities already confirmed to attend.
Billy “The Croc” Argyros
In addition to the big names in attendance, this year’s event has some incredible “money can’t buy” auction items. Here are just a few of the items up for grabs come Monday night at Crown.
• 2 Return Business Class Airfares from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane to London, flying with Etihad Airways
• 7 Nights Accommodation at the 5 star Courthouse Kempinski hotel in Soho
• Chauffer Transfers thanks to Volkswagen UK
• 2 tickets to each day of the Npower Test Match at Lord’s from 20th-24th August 2009 (sold out) thanks to Shane Warne
• Meet and greet with Shane Warne and current players on Day 2 of the Test Match
‘Spring Carnival Package’
• 2 Birdcage passes to the Andrew McManus Presents Marquee for Emirates Stakes Day
• $4,000 Jewellery Voucher from JMS Diamonds
• $2,000 Clothing Voucher from Azzaro (European Designers Wholesalers)
• $500 Alannah Hill Clothing Voucher
• $500 Make-up and Hair Voucher thanks Kate Radford
• Accommodation at Crown for 1 night
• Chauffer transfers to and from Flemington Racecourse thanks to Crown Casino
Poker with Joe Hachem & Shane Warne in your own Private Room at Crown
It promises to be a special night, so pull out your wallets and get down to the Crown to show your support for a great cause.