Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BEWARE EUGENE RENARD WATCHES

JK.
    JK. is offline PNW Elite

Default BEWARE EUGENE RENARD WATCHES

Hi Peter.I am not sure what kind of Pasha de Cartier is sold in Australia and how they can be so cheap.I have a copy and it is valued by a reputable store in Adelaide at $35,000.It is big,gold,ugly,pretentious,with diamonds and three blue rubis.Only a drug dealer would wear one.When I first took it to a valuation place in Moscow,the jeweller looked at it and told me that it was shit.I was a little pissedoff as I took it in exchange for a $4,000 debt.I asked him,how can he just glance at a watch,not even open it up and tell me that it is a shit copy?He asked me to sit down as he was going to give me a brief history of this brand and why he can just glance at the thing and know it is false.He started by telling me that an "original"Pasha is worth over $100,000.It was first made for one of Turkish Pashas and he liked it so much,Cartier decided to marked a line of "Pasha de Cartiers".It is no longer made but if you can get a hand on one of the genuine articles buy it.He told me that no selfrespecting Cartier would have quarts mechanism.Mine did.He also said that all Cartiers had Saphire glass on the face,which made it unscratchable.Mine didn't.He also told me that Pashas have three dial buttons made of blue or red rubis.Mine had glass buttons.He went on and said that had it been original,my watch would have been worth over $100,000US.I was desperate for him to give me a value since it was a $4,000 investment.I was dreading his valuation.The way he went on,I expected a figure of several hundred dollars.He went on.Since it is a copy and a very poor copy,the most I could expect for it was about $25,000 US.I could not believe it.In Australia it was valued at $35,000.How is that for luck?
    John Kocbek.

JK.
    JK. is offline PNW Elite

I was lucky one other time.A guy owed me $6,000 US and he offered me a gold Cartier as he did not have the cash.My first reaction was,no not another watch.The last thing I want is another cheap copy.I liked the look of the watch and since I was not going to get the cash I accepted.I wore the Cartier for several years not knowing its value.On one of my visits to Adelaide I was in the Rundle mall and was walking past a jewellery shop when I got this urge to have the watch valued.They told me to come back in a week.On my return I was handed an envelope.I opened it and was amazed to see all the documents and a valuation of $45,000 .Not a bad return for a $6,000 US price.Lucky twice. Of course not all the deals turn out so well.Those Aussies who have playied in korona will know Jaggi.He got me a beauty.Will tell you tomorrow,must go to work.F*****g Jaggi and his Rolex.
    John Kocbek.

peter m is offline PNW Pro

http://www.watchesonnet.com/images/images_127/medium/W31030H3.jpgdoes the pasha look like this??they are 5 - 10 k here for steel and 15 k for gold.are we talking about the same watch??great story btw

JK.
    JK. is offline PNW Elite

Hi Peter,Just had a look at your Cartier but it is not loke the Pasha de Cartier that I know.The blue ruby knobs are similar but that is all.My pieces are in a bank in Adelaide so I can't look up the details.Wish I could.Your sample looks nice but it is unlike the gaudy Pashas that I am talking about. My copy of the "original"Pasha is very heavy,solid gold .I will try to google and find more about them.
    John Kocbek.

JK.
    JK. is offline PNW Elite

Peter,I had another look at the picture of the Patek Philippe.A very beautiful watch but this is something you have to be very careful with.I was in Italy a little while ago and whilst in Venice I bought heaps of them to give as presents.Actually many tourist places are swamped with North Africans selling all brands.You can get a copy of almost any brand name.I bought about twenty of the ones in your photo.Asking price was $200 each but when I offered him $30 a piece he jumped at it.(should read Euros)They may be cheap copies but they are actually very good watches.There is no way that an amateur could tell the difference.Funny thing here in Italy.You can sell these watches but it is against the law to buy one.I have a copy of a gold Patek Philippe.Another credit legacy.I took it to a reputable store in Moscow to see if they could tell me the value.The girl,who spoke English,brought out a pile of catalogues.She was unable to find my watch.Her comment was that she presumed that it was a "copy" since she was unable to find it in the books.But,she went on to say,it was a fabulous copy of a Patek as it had all the finest features of the best Pateks.I love the watch.It looks nice.It is fairly light and thin and it looks just right for my job.It would not bother me if it was worth peanuts.I have had it for five years and it has not lost a minute in that time.By the way,the guy who gave it to me owed me $3,000.Perhaps I got had but sometimes it just does't matter.I feel I got value in satisfaction.
    John Kocbek.

Patek Philippe is offline PNW Novice

Default Re: BEWARE EUGENE RENARD WATCHES

Before buying a timepiece online, you need to keep a few things in mind. There are a lot of fraud watches being sold online these days. Always buy a watch from a well reputed site. You can also check out the review sites before buying any watch from an online retailer. After a little research, you can come up with a few retailers who sell patek philippe and other popular watches at an affordable price.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123