Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: was this correct?

clintsmydad is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Default was this correct?

star city today in the opening event
    utg goes allin the next to act asks the dealer the amount she replies that the amount is 35k the player calls off the basis of the information as do I after calling she then announces that the amount is infact 25k should I have been given my option again here?

thret is offline PNW Elite

Default Re: was this correct?

Caveat emptor. The dealer has only given an estimate, if he counts it down and then gives the incorrect answer you 'may' have some basis for complaint. However as the estimate is larger than the actual bet this complaint will fall on deaf ears.
    How did you learn to play poker? By playing darts? - The Grand
    All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. - Mark Twain
    Prosperity supposes capacity. Win the lottery, and you are an able man. Have but luck, and you will have the rest; be fortunate, and you will be thought great. - V Hugo

moffo47 is offline PNW Grinder

don't go by estimates.. if some1 shoves ask for a count, and don't do anything until you have a count.

clintsmydad is offline PNW Semi-Pro

first to act asked the dealer for a count and her reply was 35k all action was based on the count.

Gtrain24 is offline PNW Semi-Pro

so you were obviously paying plenty of attention when u watched the dealer do the count and overshoot the mark by a lousy 10k

pattack is offline PNW Amateur

you didnt like the 10k discount?

Gtrain24 is offline PNW Semi-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pattack View Post
    you didnt like the 10k discount?
    obv, still should prob pay more attention than he did, if the situation was reversed..

mikspil is offline PNW Lurker

sydney dealers are just plain useless then???

Starcitybust is offline PNW Railbird

Quote Originally Posted by clintsmydad View Post
    star city today in the opening event
    utg goes allin the next to act asks the dealer the amount she replies that the amount is 35k the player calls off the basis of the information as do I after calling she then announces that the amount is infact 25k should I have been given my option again here?
    Sure you have loadsof reason for a complaint.....firstly, star city dealers are not allowed to give a count of the pot during tournaments......though, maybe they can give a count of the players stack....so it may be worth finding out why they can do one but not the other.....

End of the day though, they are your chips, your two cards and your seat, it's up to you to keep your eye on the ball....trusting a amateur poker dealer who gets paid $15 an hour with the fate of your life in a tournament you paid $330 for is a stupid amateur mistake. As if she gives a shit if she makes a mistake or not, and the sup will stand up for their dealers day in day out.

Anyway....where are the fkn results for this opening event? Can't find them anywhere!, bring on high rollers today!!

BubbleBoy is offline PNW Railbird

The dealers cant tell you the pot. If you ask them how much is the call, then they can cut down the stack and tell you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast