PokerNews Australasia & Pacific May-June Edition Out NOW!
Posted at 12:31 2010-05-13
The May-June edition of PokerNews Australasia & Pacific magazine has hit the shelves of casinos, poker rooms and newsagents around the country with none other than Paul “The Voice” Khoury on the cover!
Here’s what you can find in the latest edition:
• Big bucks, bracelets and boiling heat – it’s that time of the year when the focus of the poker world turns to Las Vegas for the World Series of Poker. We’ve got all bases covered in the latest edition of PokerNews Australasia & Pacific including a complete preview of the 2010 WSOP, full schedule, our unique take on living it up in Las Vegas and a look back at 52 of the greatest and quirkiest moments in the tournaments history.
• Our cover story celebrates the latest batch of Aussies to receive sponsorship deals with one of the world’s leading online sites. Paul “The Voice” Khoury celebrated his signing as a Friend of Full Tilt as part of our cover shoot, while Billy “The Croc” Argyros welcomes young guns Van Marcus and Jonathan Karamalikis to Australia’s Full Tilt line-up after the duo recently earned Red Pro status.
• It’s not unusual for the Hachem surname to be making headlines, and over the past 12 months, it’s been the younger brother of the 2005 world champion who’s been the talk of Aussie poker. In a wide-ranging and revealing interview, Tony Hachem spoke with PokerNews Australasia & Pacific about the long road to success on the ANZPT and the secrets behind his stunning tournament record over the past 18 months.
• The PokerNews Australasia & Pacific has been ringside for all the big regional events in the past two months, and we review ANZPT Perth, ANZPT Sydney, New Zealand Poker Championships and the fourth edition of the Joe Hachem Deep Stack Series. We also preview the 2010 Melbourne Championships, APPT Macau, ANZPT Canberra and reveal Australia’s team for the first World Team Poker event.
• Other features of our May-June issue include an exclusive excerpt from the revised version of Lee Nelson’s best-seeling book Kill Everyone; a chat with Sam Simon (the man behind The Simpsons founder) and part II of Dave Behr’s look into the murky world of staking. We also take a look at Crown’s five-star new hotel, the Metropol, while Jonathan Karamalikis takes a hilarious look at what it takes to be a “tool” at the poker table.
• Don’t forget our regular features, including all the latest news from PokerNetwork (including the latest Players of the Month); columns from Tony G, Joe Hachem, Grant Levy, David Steicke and mental conditioning guru Jamie Glazier; Brendan Duffy’s update on the local online scene featuring the latest Pocket Fives rankings) and Jonathan Lowe’s tips for winning on the AFL punt.
Grab your copy of PokerNews Australasia & Pacific today!
PokerNetwork is home to one of the most active poker forums online. With all the latest online poker news from both Australia and around the world, PokerNetwork is your home for the latest and greatest offers.